The Student Room Group
Reply 1
they're good but don't take further maths and maths to A2- some uni's don't like that
Reply 2
Oasis Jnr
they're good but don't take further maths and maths to A2- some uni's don't like that

No that's not true for a computer science course, you need as much maths as you can get. This rule only applies to a medical application.
Reply 3
Veem
Just a warning to you that some universities only except maths and further maths as one subject

That is only true for a medical application, not a maths intensive course such as computer science.
Reply 4
You should be fine, most unis don't ignore further mathematics
Reply 5
Duckzilla
No that's not true for a computer science course, you need as much maths as you can get. This rule only applies to a medical application.

oh cheers, well i've been told not to take FM and maths to A2 by my school as i told em i wanna study medicine :wink:
Reply 6
Fantastic combination. You should be fine and I wish you all the best.
um Further and Maths are some of the most repected you can get?

God knows what people are thinking. Perhaps for medicine. But Maths a level matters more than computing. In fact I would drop computing because it is considered a waste of time by most unis. Including me and I did it.
Reply 8
Oasis Jnr

it's fine if they do all four though.
Reply 9
Thank you everyone for your comments. Most appreciated!
Reply 10
ily_em
it's fine if they do all four though.

lol i know now as i've been corrected by Duckzilla:smile:
Reply 11
I was thinking of changing economics to physics because it seemed more relevant to my subject studies. Do you think I should leave it as it is, change it to physics or pick another course?

All comments are appreciated.

Thank you.
Reply 12
Bump! :smile:
Reply 13
Bump :biggrin:!
lionking
I was thinking of changing economics to physics because it seemed more relevant to my subject studies. Do you think I should leave it as it is, change it to physics or pick another course?

Thank you.

drop economics for physics, carry on maths/further/computing :smile:
Reply 15
lionking

Thank you.

As it will be the fourth subject it probably won't matter which you take but, having taken physics, I think you need to be really interested in it in order to take it for A level. Out of economics and physics just take which ever one you want to do more. It's best if you enjoy your subjects as you'll find it easier to work harder and do better. Hope that helps.

Latest