The Student Room Group

Failed module

Hi,

just a quick question because my uni is pretty terrible and their online helpdesk thing doesn't seem to be working.

I'm in my first year of uni & have taken 8 modules (4 per semester). Last semester I had a few really bad flare ups of psoriasis, which meant I missed a lot of my deadlines. I caught/resubmitted almost all of my deadlines besides one module, which I have failed. My lecturer told me to attempt to resit them but because I missed so many of this particular module due to illness, I'm having real trouble even getting through the essays.

Worst case scenario... I fail this module (I have passed the other 7 modules)...Would I still be able to continue to year 2? or would I have to retake the whole of year 1?

Unis probably have different policies on this type of thing, I was just wondering what you guys think
Reply 1
Usually you need to pass every core module - the others you can fail, but still progress so long as you pass overall.

You're right, it differs between institutions, so you need to check with your tutor.
Reply 2
Aack
Usually you need to pass every core module - the others you can fail, but still progress so long as you pass overall.

You're right, it differs between institutions, so you need to check with your tutor.

Too add crap to the blender, I'm doing a joint degree, so...cores and optionals are...a bit blurry :tongue:

I'll be calling my tutor tomorrow, but I'm kind of panicking trying to write this essay tonight, just thought I'd ask you guys in case anyone else has had any experience

thanks for your response :smile:
Reply 3
Even for joint honours, you'd still have core modules - check which ones were compulsory.

You should be able to claim mitigating circumstances so your resit would be uncapped.

But yes, it really does depend on your uni.

Latest

Trending

Trending