The Student Room Group

Fail - Repeats Permitted meaning

it said "you have failed some modules but can repeat all elements of the outstanding modules next session." does it mean i have to redo 1st year?
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by Spillthetiii
it said "you have failed some modules but can repeat all elements of the outstanding modules next session." does it mean i have to redo 1st year?

This is one to check with your personal tutor or course director for a definitive answer. It may mean you can do retakes in September, or in parallel with all the other courses in the next academic year.
Reply 2
Original post by Mr Wednesday
This is one to check with your personal tutor or course director for a definitive answer. It may mean you can do retakes in September, or in parallel with all the other courses in the next academic year.

I went back and checked some of the grades and it seems as if they didn't mark my work as the grade is the exact same as before even though I resubmitted my work to a much higher passable standard...
Reply 3
Original post by Mr Wednesday

and who would be best to contact? module leader, course leader, tutor? or all?
Original post by Spillthetiii
and who would be best to contact? module leader, course leader, tutor? or all?

Usually best to start with your personal tutor for things like this.
Reply 5
Hi there guys. im in 2nd year and got my results today. they have put this down: FAIL - REPEATS PERMITTED. Does this mean i do my third year and these repeat modules ontop of them or do i have to resit the whole of my second year. I got a email from them stating i have to do the modules i failed without going into the 3rd year but im confused as when i got to view it online it says differently? This is stressing me out as i dont want to resit my 2nd year. PLease someone help :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by tanil17
Hi there guys. im in 2nd year and got my results today. they have put this down: FAIL - REPEATS PERMITTED. Does this mean i do my third year and these repeat modules ontop of them or do i have to resit the whole of my second year. I got a email from them stating i have to do the modules i failed without going into the 3rd year but im confused as when i got to view it online it says differently? This is stressing me out as i dont want to resit my 2nd year. PLease someone help :frown:

You might be allowed to proceed to the third year and retake ONE second-year module on top of the third-year workload, but I think it's unlikely you'd be allowed to do that for more than one.

As you're referring to "the modules i failed", it sounds like that's more than one.

You'd need to check whether the university is requiring you to repeat the whole second year, but it seems likely that you'll just need to repeat only the modules you failed first time round.
Reply 7
Original post by martin7
You might be allowed to proceed to the third year and retake ONE second-year module on top of the third-year workload, but I think it's unlikely you'd be allowed to do that for more than one.

As you're referring to
Reply 8
Original post by martin7

As you're referring to "the modules i failed", it sounds like that's more than one.

You'd need to check whether the university is requiring you to repeat the whole second year, but it seems likely that you'll just need to repeat only the modules you failed first time round.

I have failed 2 modules. They are both pretty short so I don’t understand why they won’t pass me and let me do the modules ontop of my third year modules. It don’t make sense to me. Surely they wouldn’t make me do 2 modules for the whole academic year delaying me my third year by a whole year. I am super confused and not sure whether I’m in my third year or not.
Reply 9
Original post by tanil17
I have failed 2 modules. They are both pretty short so I don’t understand why they won’t pass me and let me do the modules ontop of my third year modules. It don’t make sense to me. Surely they wouldn’t make me do 2 modules for the whole academic year delaying me my third year by a whole year. I am super confused and not sure whether I’m in my third year or not.

You'd need to check your university's regulations to see what they say. They might not allow you to study second-year modules in your third year at all, or they might allow it for only one module.

If you're not clear on what the university require, you need to contact them as soon as possible to get clarification -- i.e. phone them tomorrow morning, don't try and do this by email. I would start with your school/department admin office. If they don't have access to your records then they should be able to put you in contact with whoever does.
Original post by tanil17

Hi does this mean that you sat for your resits and failed ? Damn I’m praying would be given a chance like you because I’m scared they will kick me out but I had extenuating circumstances affected my resits . I’m screwed they won’t accept it .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending