The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

satisfactionatlast
2 things:

1) what about getting drunk and doing things that are out of control? sex, drugs, etc? Don't say a person knows his/her limits...those are risks...and it can lead them to committing adultery, possibly drugs, and other things which may go against Islam's teachings.

2) I lol'd at the "fasting" part. DO YOU KNOW why Muslims fast?
To learn things like patience, and to think of poor people who don't have much food and live a life of hell, such as in Africa right now. Fasting also teaches you not to spend your money carelessly on food and to spend your money wisely on food. Plus, studies have been done which show that fasting is good for the body, metabolism, improves your digestice system, etc...

it's nice to be educated for once right? :rolleyes:

Loads of things but not enough time to waste on you:

1)With that logic you shouldn't eat anything in case it leads to you eating so much you have a heart attack. Or never drink juice because if you drink too much the sugar will rot your teeth. Anyway even if you are right threatening people with hell for drinking alcohol is complete madness. Cheating on your wife does not deserve an eternity of torture and damnation.

2)There is nothing you could ever say to make anyone with half a brain believe starving your body of the nutrients it needs to survive is a good thing.

Also I am not religious at all. That is by choice.

Most muslims have no choice to their beliefs and those that do are always under scrutiny. That is ********.

Yes I am educated, however not by you. I probably know more about your religion than you ever will
Reply 21
Jonogodden
Do muslims know how beer is made?

I've never really understood this. Where in the process of making alcohol is there something worthy of a ticket to hell?

Yeast + Sugar ------fermentation-----> Alcohol

The only thing wrong about alcohol is that it is harmful to the body but

Its intoxication that is discouraged in the Quran.

Alcohol itself isnt a forbidden entity in the Quran, can be used in medicine as such, but drinking alcohol (thus being intoxicated) is said to lead you only to ruin, as is why its strongly discouraged.

The Quranic verses

"They question you about intoxicants and games of chance. Say: In both is great abuse and usefulness for mankind; but the abusive side of them is greater than their usefulness." (2. Al-Baqarah :219).

"O you who believe! Draw not near unto prayer when you are drunken, till you know that which you utter,. ...." (4. An-Nisa: 43).

"O you who believe! Intoxicants and games of chance and idols and divining arrows are only an infamy of Satan's handiwork. Leave it aside in order that ye may succeed." (5. Al Ma' idah: 90).

The word used for intoxicants in the Quran is khamri.

Though everyone has the right to do as they will, only God can be the judge, so other muslims should refrain from cursing other alcohol drinkers.

I see plenty of muslims doing things that are harmful to their bodies like eating fatty food, fasting,blowing themselves up.... etc

hahahah.... no :shifty:
Reply 22
Jonogodden
Loads of things but not enough time to waste on you:

1)With that logic you shouldn't eat anything in case it leads to you eating so much you have a heart attack. Or never drink juice because if you drink too much the sugar will rot your teeth. Anyway even if you are right threatening people with hell for drinking alcohol is complete madness. Cheating on your wife does not deserve a lifetime of torture and damnation.

2)There is nothing you could ever say to make anyone with half a brain believe starving your body of the nutrients it needs to survive is a good thing.

Also I am not religious at all. That is by choice.

Most muslims have no choice to their beliefs and those that do are always under scrutiny. That is ********.

Yes I am educated, however not by you. I probably know more about your religion than you ever will

Pffft, who are you kidding, like the above poster said it is proven to have beneficial physioloigcal affects on the body! The body isnt just about nutrients, its about many other factors and fastign helps those.

And i doubt you know more than a muslim about Islam, so sssh!

This should clear alot up about fasting!

http://www.healthpromoting.com/Articles/articles/benefit.htm
tiger12332
right, im not going to beat around the bush here. i am a muslim, but a unorthodox one. i do drink (social drinker, but yes still one) and i smoke. i am not proud of this fact but the way im looking at this is, im young, and being in britain is not easy. born and bread here. i do hope (really do) that once my uni years are over, i will "get it out of my system" and become a better, othodox muslim. of course i do not eat pork, and i do try and pray daily (rarley 5 times though =/ ) i am not here to be judged but was jsut wondering if you have seen/know any other muslims who do drink/smoke, and weather they are harrased or i guess "bullied" for there actions, by either other muslims or students. sorry about the long text =)

What are you looking for..encouragement? There's a lot of muslims who do all that, accepting is wrong is important. And just thinking of doing it all throughout uni and suddenly changing isnt a good diea and hardly ever works. If you wanna change, you're gonna have to work on it.
Reply 24
ffs, I hate people who think that being muslim is part of their cultural heritage. If you drink, you're not a muslim and don't call yourself one, regardless of your pakistani heritage.

You want to drink fine, no one cares. Just because you're brown, doesn't mean you have to be a muslim.
Jonogodden
Do muslims know how beer is made?

I've never really understood this. Where in the process of making alcohol is there something worthy of a ticket to hell?

Yeast + Sugar ------fermentation-----> Alcohol

The only thing wrong about alcohol is that it is harmful to the body but I see plenty of muslims doing things that are harmful to their bodies like eating fatty food, fasting, blowing themselves up.... etc

I don't think it's how it's made that is the problem but rather the negative effect that alchohol has. (Encourages what would be considered to be "sinful" activities such as adultery, drugs etc )
Reply 26
lol yep.
Reply 27
skippy786
Pffft, who are you kidding, like the above poster said it is proven to have beneficial physioloigcal affects on the body! The body isnt just about nutrients, its about many other factors and fastign helps those.

And i doubt you know more than a muslim about Islam, so sssh!

Pwned. :yy:
tiger12332
right, im not going to beat around the bush here. i am a muslim, but a unorthodox one. i do drink (social drinker, but yes still one) and i smoke. i am not proud of this fact but the way im looking at this is, im young, and being in britain is not easy. born and bread here. i do hope (really do) that once my uni years are over, i will "get it out of my system" and become a better, othodox muslim. of course i do not eat pork, and i do try and pray daily (rarley 5 times though =/ ) i am not here to be judged but was jsut wondering if you have seen/know any other muslims who do drink/smoke, and weather they are harrased or i guess "bullied" for there actions, by either other muslims or students. sorry about the long text =)

You are literally exactly like me, haha. Took the words right out of my mouth. Although i intend to get it out my system as such before my first child, or the next time i do umrah. I'm also worried how my fellow muslims at uni are going to react to this, cause im sure you know, some are quite narrow minded. But then again there will be some other Muslims like us, you'll be surprised at the number of muslims that are into this, but just keep it undercover!
Reply 29
Do what you like. It's up to you. Smoke weed and party with Allah himself.
Reply 30
kappleberry
What are you looking for..encouragement?

Well, what else does he need... May Allah make it easy for the OP to refrain from Alcahol...insha'Allah, if you put your mind to it, it can be done!

“By Him in Whose Hand is my life, if you were not to commit sin, Allah would sweep you out of existence and He would replace you by those people who would commit sin and seek forgiveness from Allah, and He would have pardoned them.” Muslim, Tawba 9

“But whosoever repents after his crime and does righteous good deeds (by obeying Allaah), then verily, Allaah will pardon him (accept his repentance). Verily, Allaah is Oft Forgiving, Most Merciful [al-Maa’idah 5:39 – interpretation of the meaning]

“O you who believe! Turn to Allaah with sincere repentance! It may be that your Lord will expiate from you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise)” [al-Tahreem 66:8]

What better encouragement can you get....
i know a few muslims who drink and smoke and no, no one says anything
bob247
ffs, I hate people who think that being muslim is part of their cultural heritage. If you drink, you're not a muslim and don't call yourself one, regardless of your pakistani heritage.

You want to drink fine, no one cares. Just because you're brown, doesn't mean you have to be a muslim.

I drink, and I consider myself a Muslim because of my beliefs not my heritage. Because I still believe in Allah, the prophets and that the Qur'an is the word of God. Just because i dont follow all parts of Islam stictly doesnt mean i'm a fake muslim or anything.
what difference does it make if other muslims do it or not? its not going to lessen the sin.
... well if you smoke/ drink then your not a muslim anymore?, its a simple as that...
Reply 35
A100whoo
I drink, and I consider myself a Muslim because of my beliefs not my heritage. Because I still believe in Allah, the prophets and that the Qur'an is the word of God. Just because i dont follow all parts of Islam stictly doesnt mean i'm a fake muslim or anything.

umm... when drinking is strictly forbidden by Islam, it kind of does :smile:

It means you're not a muslim, you're a munafiq. A hypocrite.
Reply 36
A-W-H
Do what you like. It's up to you. Smoke weed and party with Allah himself.

Actually if Op gets to Heaven/paradise he Will be able to party! as you say!

http://www.islamicteachings.org/forum/islamic-articles-all-kinds/a-party-in-paradise-a-party-in-hellfire-t6575.html

This party will be like a massive gathering of all those in heaven. Prophet Dawood (David) is known for his beautiful voice and he will be orderd by Allah to read a segment on the Zaboor which is the scripture given to prophet dawwod. As he reads clowds will form above the dwellers of Paradise and these clouds will form rain, the rain will drop on everyones faces and make everyone more beautiful insha'Allah. Next Allah will order prophet Mohammad (pbuh) to read from the Quran (surah Ya seen), and he will do so in an amazing voice, clouds will form again and rain will fall making the inhabitants of heaven become even more beautiful, and lastly Allah will read surah Ar Rahman and the same thign will happen.. This is the party of jannah!! SubhanAllah!

Anyways, stop trying to be clever with your sarky commments...
bob247

To become a Muslim all you need is to believe in these 6 things.

(The beliefs are – “The Six Articles of Faith&#8221:wink:

1. Belief in Allah, as One and Only God without partners of any kind
2. Belief in angels, being made from light, always obedient to Allah
3. Belief in all the Books of Allah, Torah, Gospel and Quran
4. Belief in all prophets of God, peace be upon them, as messengers of God
5. Belief in the Day of Resurrection, Day of Judgment and of Reckoning
6. Belief in the Destiny of God’s Command

So if you believe these things you ARE a Muslim.

Drinking as well as believing these statements makes a bad Muslim, but a Muslim nevertheless.

You obviously know nothing about Islam, so I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you. Have a good night :smile:
Reply 38
I don't get this. A lot of Muslims strictly forbid drinking yet they smoke shisha and weed like chimneys!
This is the same Muslims that do not drink and stick to a semi - religious rule.

Can someone explain this?
Reply 39
bob247

It is not our place to judge. Allah knows best!

But, what i can say is that it IS obvious that drinking is HARAAM, and those who do participate in this act, should try there best to stay away from it and try thier best to repent insha'Allah. May Allah make it easy for them.

Latest

Trending

Trending