The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

muslims/asians at UEA

I know there are muslims and asians at every university you go to, but I want to know if there is a solid muslim community at UEA. When I visited the university, the students were predominantly white (I was there for the whole day) and spoke to many students that were telling me about the 'drinking and partying' scene there. This is the only thing that is holding me back from firming then as my deen is very important to me.
bump
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I know there are muslims and asians at every university you go to, but I want to know if there is a solid muslim community at UEA. When I visited the university, the students were predominantly white (I was there for the whole day) and spoke to many students that were telling me about the 'drinking and partying' scene there. This is the only thing that is holding me back from firming then as my deen is very important to me.

I don't know about the culture at UEA. However, I recommend what societies they have. That can give you an idea.
https://www.ueasu.org/opportunities/society/ueaislamicsociety/
If you use this link you can see more details about their ISOC (Islamic Society On Campus)

Feel free to get in contact with them on social media to give you more insight.
Original post by 6085
I don't know about the culture at UEA. However, I recommend what societies they have. That can give you an idea.
If you use this link you can see more details about their ISOC (Islamic Society On Campus)

Hello :smile:
I have a lot of Muslim friends at UEA and I don’t drink and I think there is definitely a good community at UEA.
I also don’t drink so I can completely relate to that and I think there are a lot of non drinking societies and people out there that are exactly the same!
At UEA there are events with prayers for Ramadan and their is a building called the multi faith centre where like minded people can pray and form a community :smile:
Please let me know if you have any further questions :smile:
UEA Rep Lucy
Original post by 6085

Hello :smile:
Yes there is also the Islamic society, which do meet ups and events which is really great! :smile:
Please let me know if you have any further questions!
UEA Rep Lucy :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

Assalamu alaikum,
There number of Muslims is of course less than some bigger ISOCs such as in London, however there is definitely a strong Muslim community MaShaAllah at the University of East Anglia. There is a 24/7 musallah (dedicated Muslim prayer room) directly opposite the library with wudhu facilities. There's also another building on campus where Jumu'ah prayers are held. The brotherhood at UEA is beautiful. My favourite place of all across the huge campus has always been and will be the prayer room. You meet so many welcoming brothers, who will go out of their way to make sure you have a good time. The same applies to the sisters. There are weekly events such as Qur'an class, isoc sports, there also ISOC socials etc. If you come to UEA, make sure you find the prayer room as a priority!
Original post by Haroon111
Assalamu alaikum,
There number of Muslims is of course less than some bigger ISOCs such as in London, however there is definitely a strong Muslim community MaShaAllah at the University of East Anglia. There is a 24/7 musallah (dedicated Muslim prayer room) directly opposite the library with wudhu facilities. There's also another building on campus where Jumu'ah prayers are held. The brotherhood at UEA is beautiful. My favourite place of all across the huge campus has always been and will be the prayer room. You meet so many welcoming brothers, who will go out of their way to make sure you have a good time. The same applies to the sisters. There are weekly events such as Qur'an class, isoc sports, there also ISOC socials etc. If you come to UEA, make sure you find the prayer room as a priority!

Hello @Haroon111

Thank you so much for your experiences and insights into the opportunities that UEA has to offer! That is really helpful.
I fully agree UEA is such a wonderful community and extremely welcoming. :smile:
And as well there is a lovely muslim community. :smile:
If any of you have any questions, please let me know!

UEA Rep Lucy :smile:
3rd Year Economics with a year abroad student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending