The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

lacelicker
I'm not either!! Thank god I'm dropping it!!

:biggrin: I know, never have to do that hideous subject ever again! I don't see the appeal tbh :rolleyes:
Reply 41
SilverDoe21
:biggrin: I know, never have to do that hideous subject ever again! I don't see the appeal tbh :rolleyes:

Urgh! the relief!! why would anyone want to do voluntarily!
lacelicker
Urgh! the relief!! why would anyone want to do voluntarily!

Exactly! I get no satisfaction from solving maths problems at all. Plus there's no room for development after a certain point, I mean once you've learnt the formula that's it. And there's always ONE answer, which I find really dull :yep:
English Lit
Maths
Chemistry
History (Didn't do it for GCSE)
General Studies (My school makes everyone do it)
lacelicker
Your not from Cardiff are you?? that would be proper freaky!

Well I went to a mixed state primary school, and I started off in a mixed state high school and then moved in year 8 to a private girls school. (don't tell me you did the same!) So I know what I'm letting myself in for! But I'm still a bit nervous!

And thanks - I don't think I'm posh or snooty either Lol :smile: )

No, Newcastle :biggrin:

Ahaha no, ive been at state schools all my life :smile: Would have been freaky if i was like you in these ways too though :P Well if you were coming to my scool i would make you feel more than welcome :biggrin: Sister from another.... mister? haha :o:

I hope Biology isnt as hard as my teacher said it would be :/ What you thinking of doing/being when your older? Have any idea yet? x
Reply 45
ThisIsOurDecision
English Lit
Maths
Chemistry

Yeah in our school we all have to do the welsh baccalaureate
Reply 46
Maths
Economics
Art
English Literature
:biggrin:
Reply 47
Jadelyndsey
No, Newcastle :biggrin:

Ahaha no, ive been at state schools all my life :smile: Would have been freaky if i was like you in these ways too though :P Well if you were coming to my scool i would make you feel more than welcome :biggrin: Sister from another.... mister? haha :o:

I hope Biology isnt as hard as my teacher said it would be :/ What you thinking of doing/being when your older? Have any idea yet? x

I like that "Sister from another Mister"
I'm a bit worried about Biology - But I really like it and I've got a memory for random facts so If all else fails I'll just have to remember it as little facts!! I want to be a nurse - my friends think I'm mental - blood, guts and mingin trousers!! LOL what about you? x
Reply 48
English Literature
French
Welsh
Biology
Welsh Baccalaureate
=)
Reply 49
Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Economics and French :biggrin:

Yay!
Reply 50
SilverDoe21
Exactly! I get no satisfaction from solving maths problems at all. Plus there's no room for development after a certain point, I mean once you've learnt the formula that's it. And there's always ONE answer, which I find really dull :yep:

I just can't do it!! I'm rubbish at maths - I'm in the special maths class for really rubbish people LOL but as long as I get my C I'm happy!!:smile:
lacelicker
I just can't do it!! I'm rubbish at maths - I'm in the special maths class for really rubbish people LOL but as long as I get my C I'm happy!!:smile:

I'm sure you will :smile: Then no more maths!!
What subjects are you taking (I forget if you posted them :s-smilie:)?
Reply 52
SilverDoe21
I'm sure you will :smile: Then no more maths!!
What subjects are you taking (I forget if you posted them :s-smilie:)?

yeah I did but It's fine :smile:

Biology
Sociology
Welsh Baccalaureate
English - (If they let me onto the timetable)

you??
Reply 53
Biology
Chemistry
Maths
Physics

would rather do further maths than physics but further math is in the same choice block as biology and I can't swap those two.
Reply 54
Alieshia
Biology
Chemistry
Maths
Physics

would rather do further maths than physics but further math is in the same choice block as biology and I can't swap those two.

thats some serious A levels!!
Reply 55
I am going to study:
Maths
English Literature
History
Chemistry
Critical Thinking

I want to study law hopefully

Umbrella.Girl

But now I want to study music again, and it's too late to change my choices. :'(

Really? :s-smilie: we can change our choices up to and including results day...it was only on monday that i changed from spanish to english lit
SilverDoe21

A polynomial with degree of n will have n roots, though it may be that the roots may repeat, leading to less than n solutions in some cases. :wink: That's n different solutions right there for you :p: Maths is absolutely brilliant imo, but utter garbage at GCSE and to an extent at A Level. :smile:
Reply 57
ThisIsOurDecision
English Lit
Maths
Chemistry

Our choices are the same :P Except i'm doing critical thinking instead of general studies, but still, the useful subjects are the same...what do you want to do in the future?
Reply 58
In the signature.

I'm really looking forward to A-Level Physics. You go into barely any detail at GCSE.
star_5
Really? :s-smilie: we can change our choices up to and including results day...it was only on monday that i changed from spanish to english lit

I'm going to study at a FE college though, and i'm not quite sure how it works there. :s-smilie:
I've already changed my choices once, i'm not sure if they'd be too happy about me changing again as a lot of the classes may have been filled.:woo:

Latest