The Student Room Group

Newcastle College Degree

Hey I am currently in year 12 thinking of unis and I really think the Foundation degree in children and young persons at Newcastle college sounds up my street. I know I want to work with children and it is quite practical and you get to spent 2 days a week on placement and I would love to do that in a school or nursery. I was just wondering if anyone else has been on this course or done further education at the college.
The college has a very good reputation so there are no worries on that score.

My only doubt would be about your final career aspirations. Do you want to be a teacher, child social worker etc or are you just wanting to work in a more casual way with children. In which case would nursery nursing or something similar not be more appropriate?
Reply 2
i am not quite sure what i want to do when working with children yet and I hope this can make me decide. it is gonna be my insurance choice probably and my first choice childhood studies and health and social care combined at Sunderland uni. This is because I am trying to be realistic and I am not sure in what capacity I want to work. I am thinking about it as you need 220 UCAS points which seems ok as I am predicted a B in Sociology and C in English with a D/C in RE AS and the same in HE AS. That would give me about 220 points.

thanks fir all your information xxxx

Latest

Trending

Trending