The Student Room Group

Newcastle University or Southampton for MSc Microelctronics

Hello, I got an offer from Newcastle University. Southampton said my grades are not upto the mark but I know I can meet the criteria in December so planning on reapplying. Just in case Southampton doesn't work I wanted to know if choosing Newcastle will be the right choice. I like Newcastle in terms of everything social (Cost of living, nightlife etc.) but Southampton ranks much higher in Guardian. So I wanted to know if Newcastle would be a good choice in terms of education as well or should look at more colleges. Southampton I really liked because of high ranking and the course. Bur Newcastle has the same coursw and similar structure just that it ranks lower. So how does the actual quality of education and employability rank of both of these two colleges.
PS: Sorry for being so wordy and maybe sounding stupid. Just an anxious person from India.
Heyy I’m actually trying to apply for the same course in Newcastle I just don’t know what gpa u need since u got accepted there what gpa was urs in bachelor to see if I’m capable of going there and I feel like Newcastle is better (my opinion)
Reply 2
Original post by Princess_Kabyle
Heyy I’m actually trying to apply for the same course in Newcastle I just don’t know what gpa u need since u got accepted there what gpa was urs in bachelor to see if I’m capable of going there and I feel like Newcastle is better (my opinion)

Hi I'm from India so my college has cgpa system out of 10. Every college has their own cgpa to percentage conversion system. My cgpa directly converts to 57%. I got a conditional offer saying I need to graduate with atleast 63%. It depends on other factors as well your courses, SOP etc. Anyways since you just asked for gpa try to get your conversion system and expect Newcastle's entry requirements to be between 55-65%. Hope you get in. All the best

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending