The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
superwolf
Wanna bet? Actually people always seem to believe me when I'm lying, and disbelieve me when I'm telling the truth. :ninja:

Your scenario is like the girl or boy ( can't remember lol) that calls wolf wolf when actually there was no wolf but when there was a wolf no one believed him or her. Did you base your username solely on this story by the way? lol
Reply 41
George231086
When people are blatantly lying i just go along with it and keep asking them questions about the lie as if i'm interested. Then a few weeks later i'll ask them something about the same situation and see if they're consistent. Generally i just think they are sad if they've created some kind of alter ego.

Spot on, that is the best way to catch a liar.
Vanny17
Your scenario is like the girl or boy ( can't remember lol) that calls wolf wolf when actually there was no wolf but when there was a wolf no one believed him or her. Did you base your username solely on this story by the way? lol

It's not my fault no-one ever believes me... And no I didn't.
Reply 43
OP lies when he says he has never told a lie. I tell the odd porky but never anything major.
Reply 44
Vanny17
Some people can lie to the point that the lies feels factual. White lies, yellow lies (note my sacasm) are all lies! There is no justification for lies. I hate lies soo much. Have you come across naturally born liars? What are your views on people that blatantly lie to your face! Discuss.

My ex seemed like a natural born liar, small lies, big lies, nothing was off bounds for him. Obviously it is a really frustrating situation to be in, but it made me question how secure he was in himself more than anything.

I'm a very honest person myself, too honest for my own good, which made it even more difficult. Love is blind, I guess.
Reply 45
I had to conceal something rather personal when I was going through secondary school, so I became used to telling lies to hide that, which grew into being able to lie about other things and remember what I had said a long time after.

I don't lie about it anymore, no point, but I had no TV at home growing up. I used to get ripped quite badly at primary school about it, so when I went to secondary, that was it. From then on I was determined that everyone I knew would have no idea I didn't have one. To better hide the fact, not only did I make great excuses and half-truths when asked "Did you watch..... last night?" but I went as far as to read and research the TV listings in a magazine so I myself could ask similar questions to others and be able to respond. I could get story line info, character names and so on from the magazine which I could use in conversation easily if cornered with a TV question. Other information I could recycle from hearing somebody else, or hearing it on the radio.

I got away with it too, 5 years and not even my closest friends found out. In fact, so good was I that people who went to my primary school and had known my secret became convinced I had one. It may sound an easy thing to do, but TV was the main thing everybody talked about. Basically I had to lie my way through hours of TV talk a day.

Looking back and thinking how hard that was, and now looking around and seeing BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4OD and Demand 5; where were they in my 5 years of dire need!
It is what it is.

Sometimes I lie automatically over stupid things, I can't even help it. It will just come into my head.
Reply 47
Naturally born liars are just better at lying than others, doesn't mean they lie all the time.

What you are talking about are compulsive liars. Frankly when people lie too much you just know.

Latest

Trending

Trending