The Student Room Group

Where do you aork & how much do you get paid?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Lloyds pharmacy, £6.84 p/h. I'm 25 and have a Masters degree :facepalm2:
Reply 61
I get £6.81 p/h at Holland and Barrett and I'm only 16. I also get commission on own brand products and once I complete this booklet and assesment my basic wage goes up to £7.40 p/h ... not bad for a first job :wink:
Popppppy
Where are you all getting these well paid jobs? I'm on £4.83/hour min wage, and so are all my friends.
I don't know anyone getting paid much more than that! Every job advertised in my area is also minimum wage!
That's it, I'm moving to England!

I'm in Wales...lol
Reply 63
Any in Birmingham? I'm planning to stay there for a month or so :smile:
Sainsburys, £6.07 p/h
Comet call centre £6.75
£5 an hour in a local chippy, and £5 an hour in a pub kitchen
Not much but it's money :smile:
Reply 67
i'm so jealous of all you people with jobs :frown: i've had no luck, no one wants me ahhhhhhhhh i'm gonna lie on my CV now i don't care, i've been driven to do this
I work at a café / restaurant in my town and I get £5.60 ph plus tips :smile:
I used to work doing functions and got £6.40 ph (again, with tips if we got any!) after 7pm, which was pretty good!
I don't aork.
Sockpirate
Radiology Department Assistant - NHS, £14.18 an hour :woo:

:eek: That's double what most kids earn around here! What do you need to become one? (qualifications-wise, I mean)
TsarinaMeg
:eek: That's double what most kids earn around here! What do you need to become one? (qualifications-wise, I mean)

Uh... I had AS levels :dontknow: I don't think there are really any specific requirements! I just applied to be on the temporary staffing bank for my hospital, and contacted the person in charge of healthcare assistants for the department where I knew there were jobs and wanted to work, to ensure that's where I got a job!
It is actually the best job in the world :biggrin:
Reply 72
Sockpirate
Radiology Department Assistant - NHS, £14.18 an hour :woo:

Jesus christ:eek: The first thing tomorrow I'll be phoning up the local hospitals!
I get £5.80 to work at a safari park.
_Andrew_
Jesus christ:eek: The first thing tomorrow I'll be phoning up the local hospitals!

I only work weekends, so that's the weekend pay rate by the way. I don't know what the normal week time pay is like :smile:
iI'm a swordmaster - I get paid in blood and anger.
i work in a call centre £8.40ph selling internet. fun calling random people up and pissing them off and have them slam the phone on you. So worth it for the monehhhh plus cheap cheap internet and phone deal
propa jelous of the nhs researcher job. my god £14ph **** me
just started room attendents job at alton towers resort at 5.92 ph plus discounts (at merlin and at other retail and food places) and 40 free merlin tickets a year after working there 6 weeks
I work at a school and earn £7.08 an hour, not too shabby.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending