The Student Room Group

lip piercing jewellery size

What size is the lip piercing stick thing? Not the ball but the titanium length it screws onto. I want to change the ball size to something small than what the standard size is, so its not as noticeable at work.
Reply 1
It's called a labret.

You need to buy a whole labret to replace the one you're wearing really.

The size you're wearing might be 10mm/8mm/6mm. This is referring to the length of the bar - you should know this yourself.

You could buy a see-through retainer for work, or see if there's anything on somewhere like this CLICK,that is small enough for you.
Reply 2
Didn't you think to ask before you let the piercing studio?
Just to let you know. I havnt had it pierced yet.
Isnt it obvious that i would measure the labret bar myself, before wasting my time on here?
And it would be silly to keep replacing the lip piercing to a retainer whilst im working, hence why i want a small bar, as its less painful i imagine to change the ball rather than the piercing bar itself.
Reply 4
tribalplanet333
Isnt it obvious that i would measure the labret bar myself, before wasting my time on here?
And it would be silly to keep replacing the lip piercing to a retainer whilst im working, hence why i want a small bar, as its less painful i imagine to change the ball rather than the piercing bar itself.

Alright smart arse, you'd be surprised.
Reply 5
tribalplanet333

Well enjoy finding it out yourself then. :rolleyes:

FYI you'll have to have what they give you for 2 weeks anyway so it doesn't close up on it.

Now tallyho toodle pip.
i didnt mean that in a nasty way. I just cant find it any information ANYWHERE!!
Reply 7
tribalplanet333
i didnt mean that in a nasty way. I just cant find it any information ANYWHERE!!

so ask your piercer
I've got 6mm. Then again, I've got a flower looking thing in mine soooooo
You'd normally be pierced with a 1.6mm gauge labret stud. The ball may be anything from 3mm-5mm, but you can ask to have a 3mm ball *usually the smallest they come in for a 1.6 gauge* put on before you're pierced. If you're booking an appt, then tell them over the phone if there's any specific jewellery you'd like - they may be able to order it before you get there.
Reply 10
You've got to keep the original one in for a couple of weeks cuz of swelling.
It really didn't hurt changing the bar & ball when i had it done.
I used to wear the clear retainer to work, its seriously less visible than a ball.
It all depends on whether you're allowed the wear it at work.
You really ask the piercer whats best.
tribalplanet333

I used to wear a clear retainer to work.
I have a 1.2 bar through mine (legnth 8mm - the legnth depends on the thickness of your skin though). The balls you can get for them can be little more than 1.5 if you find tiny ones :smile:
No need to call her a smart arse really was there... top knob

Quick Reply

Latest