The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'm in exactly the same situation!
Just do another little PS for just economics in their SAQ form and I think it'll be okay.
Padapop
Hey guys, Im dying here. Im applying economics and maths for all my other 4 universities, but economics for cambridge.

My ps would obviously be 50-50 maths econs, with a linkage between the two subjects. I have heard that cambridge doesnt mind this, as their economics course is also very mathematical. Do you think they'd call me up for the interview eventhough my ps would be 50-50 maths econs?
Should be fine.Plenty of people from my school did the same application as you last year and I hear a few this year. Most got interviews.
Economics is very mathematical anyway. Putting the maths into economics context in your PS might also help, but isn't totally necessary.

Good luck.
To be honest when applying to Oxbridge you're application doesn't need to be outstanding since they rely more on their own interview and application process. So you should be fine. If you were applying for say LSE Economics and had an Econ + Maths PS your app would most likely be DOA.
Reply 4
thanks guys for the fast replies. :smile:, they were really helpful.

ps. I'll be applying for econ + maths at lse too. Good luck to all 2011 applicants :smile:!
Reply 5
Padapop
thanks guys for the fast replies. :smile:, they were really helpful.

ps. I'll be applying for econ + maths at lse too. Good luck to all 2011 applicants :smile:!

What are your other choices?
Reply 6
Focus08
What are your other choices?

UCL - econs and stats
Warwick (oo i see you're there :biggrin:) - Maths and econs, but the MORSE looks really interesting :smile:, you know anything about these two courses?
Last uni undecided.
Reply 7
Padapop
UCL - econs and stats
Warwick (oo i see you're there :biggrin:) - Maths and econs, but the MORSE looks really interesting :smile:, you know anything about these two courses?
Last uni undecided.

I'm a big fan of MORSE, I think it's a great course.. Probably not worth putting down both courses on your UCAS as they are very similar..

MathEcon has heavy focus on maths, especially in the first year. With MORSE you can be more flexible when it comes to math difficulty..
Reply 8
Focus08
I'm a big fan of MORSE, I think it's a great course.. Probably not worth putting down both courses on your UCAS as they are very similar..

MathEcon has heavy focus on maths, especially in the first year. With MORSE you can be more flexible when it comes to math difficulty..

MORSE rocks.

Latest

Trending

Trending