The Student Room Group

3 of our family cars got keyed last night.. advice please?????????

Ok so last night me, my mum and my dads cars got badly keyed. My mum and dad's cars were in the drive, mine was across the road in a layby. Right opposite my house is a council house where a boy in the year above me lives, he happens to be best friends with my ex boyfriends brother. Ever since Me and my ex had dated, his brothers friends were against me.

Another friend of the boy that lives opposite me is charlie (real name changed) he also happens to be friends with my ex's brother, and he is often staying at the house opposite me and has complained that i 'take his parking place' in the layby, even though i live in the village and he doesn't.

I have charlie added on facebook, he often likes my statuses where I am upset or depressed about something.. he generally doesn't like me. On friday afternoon he commented on a status of mine, this status was about me going running, he was using another girls account at the time and commented saying 'you fat slag' I deleted the comment and then it was replaced with 'you better get on with your running because you need to lose those rolls' so i got pissed off and messaged him on facebook mail, I told him he was grose etc (which I shouldn't have done because it was immature and obviously provoked him further) I then told him he shouldn't insult people over facebook, he replied saying it wasn't intended as an insult, it was to wind up his friend ( whose account he was posting the comments from) and he then said.. 'howeverf if u wish me to insult you i can arrange something'

Besides this message i said to him look you can just apoligise to me for what you said, and he said 'i don't do apoligies' so maybe he was planning to key our cars.

Just so happens yesterday evening our family cars get keyed. I am not sure whether charlie was at the house opposite on saturday night, but he certainly knows which car I have, and my car was the only one keyed amongst those that were in the layby during the night. My grandads car was also in the drive last night, but that hadn't been touched. So I am thinking the boy opposite had told charlie which cars were my parents, or charlie may have already known because he is always round the house opposite me.

I have got to give a statement to police on wednesday, this is all the evidence we have that he was involved, I have saved the facebook message.. the 'i can arrange something' is quite incriminating... What do you think the police will think of this??????

(Hopefully this isn't too hard to follow) I am so angry though it will cost my parents £1,500 together to get rid of the key marks.. my mums car is brand new as well so we are furious.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There is no evidence, nothing will happen.
Reply 2
That's awful!The facebook message will make him a suspect so the police should at least question him, and your neighbours to see if anyone saw anything. Maybe you should play detective and trick him into admitting it or something? Anyway I hope you sort it out and he gets what he deserves :console:
By all means ask around for witnesses, but don't expect too much to happen. The evidence isn't substantial at all.
Go Tony Montana on his ass.
Reply 5
Classic case of knowing exactly who did it but not having enough evidence to prove anything really.
Unless they then facebook you saying they did it no real way of proving it (dont try and make them say anything, I highly doubt facebook is evidence-worthy apart from in harassment and stalking cases).
Reply 6
That's just not evidence, sorry. I'd suggest, if I were an unscrupulous person, having a quiet 'word'. But I'm not.
Reply 7
i gonna cut you up, fool.

regards,

charlie.

In all seriousness, that isn't evidence. It is circumstantial at best.
i am guessing the evidence is not substantial as yet - however if you play it cool and try to tease it out of him via facebook...
Return the favour?
Thats just crap! Report it to the police because if nothing is done the person who did it will try something else and maybe it will harm someone next time! It needs to be stopped now!
Reply 11
People who key cars are the lowest of the low. If it's £1500 can't you claim on the insurance?
Key theirs back? - if you get more trouble you'll know it was them.
I didn't see anything that could even loosely be termed as evidence. All you have is a suspicion based on a silly FB spat which roughly coincided with the later damage.

I very much doubt that the police will interview him on the strength of that.

Someone once left a full set of prints on the bonnet of my car whilst they caused £500 of damage trying to pull the badge off. I preserved the prints by taping a square of plastic over them and drove to the police station to have them lifted and searched on their database. To my surprise they couldn't be bothered. All they did was give me a scene of crime number for my insurance company.

I suspect that is pretty much all you will get from this interview too.
Wind him up on facebook until he admits it.
Amywoody2009
Ok so last night me, my mum and my dads cars got badly keyed. My mum and dad's cars were in the drive, mine was across the road in a layby. Right opposite my house is a council house where a boy in the year above me lives, he happens to be best friends with my ex boyfriends brother. Ever since Me and my ex had dated, his brothers friends were against me.

Another friend of the boy that lives opposite me is charlie (real name changed) he also happens to be friends with my ex's brother, and he is often staying at the house opposite me and has complained that i 'take his parking place' in the layby, even though i live in the village and he doesn't.

I have charlie added on facebook, he often likes my statuses where I am upset or depressed about something.. he generally doesn't like me. On friday afternoon he commented on a status of mine, this status was about me going running, he was using another girls account at the time and commented saying 'you fat slag' I deleted the comment and then it was replaced with 'you better get on with your running because you need to lose those rolls' so i got pissed off and messaged him on facebook mail, I told him he was grose etc (which I shouldn't have done because it was immature and obviously provoked him further) I then told him he shouldn't insult people over facebook, he replied saying it wasn't intended as an insult, it was to wind up his friend ( whose account he was posting the comments from) and he then said.. 'howeverf if u wish me to insult you i can arrange something'

Besides this message i said to him look you can just apoligise to me for what you said, and he said 'i don't do apoligies' so maybe he was planning to key our cars.

Just so happens yesterday evening our family cars get keyed. I am not sure whether charlie was at the house opposite on saturday night, but he certainly knows which car I have, and my car was the only one keyed amongst those that were in the layby during the night. My grandads car was also in the drive last night, but that hadn't been touched. So I am thinking the boy opposite had told charlie which cars were my parents, or charlie may have already known because he is always round the house opposite me.

I have got to give a statement to police on wednesday, this is all the evidence we have that he was involved, I have saved the facebook message.. the 'i can arrange something' is quite incriminating... What do you think the police will think of this??????

(Hopefully this isn't too hard to follow) I am so angry though it will cost my parents £1,500 together to get rid of the key marks.. my mums car is brand new as well so we are furious.

Step 1. Delete them of facebook.

How seriously do you want retribution? I can give serious advice, but it won't be legal and you will have to be willing to accept any consequences or loss of life that probably will occur.

If you are unwilling and unable to meet these demands, then be silent.

The hell with it. I'll tell you anyway. Hopefully someone will read this and do it too to someone they hate, I love reading bad things on the news.

1. Make a list of all the people you want to get back. (ideally 1, it makes the situation easier.)

2. Find where they live.

3. Reconnaissance. At night time and during the day at odd times over the span of 2 weeks, explore and learn the surrounding neighbourhood. Learn small pathways. Learn which houses have kids. Learn where, if any there are CCTV. Find if there is access to the gardens. Where are the cars located, are there friends and relatives nearby.

Write this in a small book. Keep hidden and day before excution destroy.

5. Clothes. Wear two layers. Hoodie must be a dark colour for night of operation. Underneath hoodie wear brighter jumper and a small string bag. Tie hair up in bun underneath black tights. Tape up your bike with electrical tape into a different colour.

6. Brick and bicycle. Select a night and time where activity in street is minimal. cycle to the front of house and throw brick through window. Cycle like mad fast to a quiet location. Take off hoodie and bun and put in string bag. Head for the quickest route home through the predesignated side routes to avoid CCTV and police. At home remove all tape off bike so bike (if anyone spot you, they are after a black or other colour bike.)

Make sure you have an alibi.

If you don't want brick, you can always go for lighter fluid/petrol can through the letter box and match. More exposure time but a better ending. Or you could just fill the space in the car radiator with rags doused in petrol, and set fire to it. Or with a screwdriver bust open the petrol cap and stick a cloth in that what has been doused with lighter fluid and light it. Run away quickly baby.

Or, just take a 9mm to their asses.

If you want another plan I have plenty others. I have a zombie invasion survival plan and more on how to cause havoc and destruction.
Reply 16
I am so glad I have CCTV...
Reply 17
You dont have any evidence it was him, the police wont do anything.

I got robbed once (me and a friend), we reported it and had to give statements, etc. the police also visited someone who was with us at the time. We had to go to an ID parade too, we all identified the correct people but a few months later received a letter saying there was insufficient evidence to do anything and the whole thing was dropped. This was after 3 people successfully identifying the criminals, the police wont do anything unless there is concrete evidence, which you dont have.

Do something back and set up a subtle CCTV camera outside without them knowing or put a few lights outside the house, e.g. some solar powered paths lights or something.
Amywoody2009

oh btw 1500? you could buy a russian bride with that money, do that and just ride her everywhere.
Reply 19
Maybe if you were like "I can't believe you did that to my car" to him on facebook, and he replied with no surprise concerning the incident, that could show his involvement... though it is a pretty crude method..

Latest

Trending

Trending