The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

cheap booze

I make the following list of beer prices for the cheapest place in Selly Oak (The Goose)

Stella £1.90
Carling £1.60
Carlsberg £1.35
Tetleys Mild £1.20
Double + mixer Between £2 and £2.25
Bitter (cant remember which one £1.35 ish

Other pubs can be cheaper if you go on the right night.

Guild Bar is:

Carling £1.65
Wortheys £1.55
Double + mixer About £3
Cloke etc £1 a pint, 65p half
Carling bottle £1.25

cant remember the rest
Yeh the goose is always cheap. It is a great chain of pubs.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
its also the local pub for the area too, so you get all the pervy old 60yo builders etc in there :wink:
The old men are the only problem. Plus, there are usually quite a lot of fights at the one I usually go to.
Reply 4
no fights anymore around here, the bouncers started acting like strike breakers and got tough... cant even go in there on a friday or saturday now without trousers and shoes... *grumbles*
Reply 5
any place tats good is fine. Wud basically wanna stay away frm the fights. Wud'nt wanna a black eye just coz i was there at the wrong place at the wrong time u know. Rather have one for atleast picking one than for nuthin at all! :p:
r_raghav11
any place tats good is fine. Wud basically wanna stay away frm the fights. Wud'nt wanna a black eye just coz i was there at the wrong place at the wrong time u know. Rather have one for atleast picking one than for nuthin at all! :p:

As long as you aren't too close to the trouble its fine. Although saying that, one particular time i was at the otherside of the pub, and a woman in the fight threw a beer glass. The beer glass just missed me. I was not amused :biggrin:
Reply 7
marmitebagel
As long as you aren't too close to the trouble its fine. Although saying that, one particular time i was at the otherside of the pub, and a woman in the fight threw a beer glass. The beer glass just missed me. I was not amused :biggrin:

i've been zinged by a few fag butts in my time. roll on ciggy ban :biggrin: i hate fags...

just stay clear of the bouncers and everything usually goes well :smile:
Yeh, i dont mind people smoking. Though im not too keen on it when people are smoking around me, unless its a certain illegal substance.
Reply 9
marmitebagel
Yeh, i dont mind people smoking. Though im not too keen on it when people are smoking around me, unless its a certain illegal substance.

blergh, i hate the smell of wacky backy. i only dislike smoking cos it makes my clothes smell bad in the morning, i always used to have my febreze handy til i realised it just made things worse...:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending