The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Alan Wake.
A few of the lower amazon reviews said "it's repetitive and not scary at all" but I wholeheartedly disagree. Whilst you essentially have to do the same thing with each enemy it's still different each time as it's a different environment, half of which is pitch black. I keep accidentally getting caught up against benches and not being able to dodge or stumbling into pitch-black foliage, getting lost and then finding myself surrounded by about 5 taken. I've only died 3 times, but hell I'm only on episode 2 :facepalm2:
When I'm walking around I basically keep saying "DO NOT WANT" when walking in an eerie looking area or "I'M GOING TO DIE" which then turns into "I CAN BLOODY SEE YOU!" If I see one from far away or "**** IN A BUCKET!!!!"if one sneaks up on me :frown:

My neighbours probably think I'm bonkers :rofl:

Original post by 26daystoworkwith
I doubt anyone will remember these, but I've got Myst and Riven on the go at the minute.

Good games. I used to play them ages go and now they won't work on my windows 7 computer =(
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Mm_Minty
Good games. I used to play them ages go and now they won't work on my windows 7 computer =(

I know! I bought a copy of XP and did bootcamp on my MacBook just so I could play them. My copy of Myst is only two years younger than me, I'm amazed the CD still works...
Reply 1182
Read Dead Redemption... wanted to get it when it came out but I was broke so only just managed to get in on the action.
Original post by nmwolvo
Read Dead Redemption... wanted to get it when it came out but I was broke so only just managed to get in on the action.

:zomg:
It's a brilliant game, better than GTA IV in my opinion.
Minecraft. Like lego, but with worse graphics :smile:
Original post by Mm_Minty
Alan Wake.
A few of the lower amazon reviews said "it's repetitive and not scary at all" but I wholeheartedly disagree. Whilst you essentially have to do the same thing with each enemy it's still different each time as it's a different environment, half of which is pitch black. I keep accidentally getting caught up against benches and not being able to dodge or stumbling into pitch-black foliage, getting lost and then finding myself surrounded by about 5 taken. I've only died 3 times, but hell I'm only on episode 2 :facepalm2:
When I'm walking around I basically keep saying "DO NOT WANT" when walking in an eerie looking area or "I'M GOING TO DIE" which then turns into "I CAN BLOODY SEE YOU!" If I see one from far away or "**** IN A BUCKET!!!!"if one sneaks up on me :frown:

My neighbours probably think I'm bonkers :rofl:

Absolutely stunning game! The story is fantastic and the gameplay is awesome! And the Poets of the Fall soundtrack is awesome, when they play as Old Gods of Asgard!
CNC3: Kanes Wrath
Pokemon black :biggrin:
Original post by Gregory House
Oh, and Gears Of War 2 on 360 for me :biggrin:

Horde sesh?
machinarium and braid
Reply 1190
Original post by badger-man
:zomg:
It's a brilliant game, better than GTA IV in my opinion.

Yeah definitely more fun than GTA, and just so much to do and explore.
Reply 1191
Pokemon White :hugs:
CoD4...still.
Bulletstorm still :biggrin: just completed the campaign.. Serrano you bastard :O
Yakuza 3
I’m trying to get it wrapped up before the fourth instalment is released.
Reply 1195
Pokemon White :coma:
Reply 1196
Perfect Dark (N64) and trying to complete Earthworm Jim (SNES) with not much luck.
Keen to play Pokemon black when I get my 3DS :frown:
Waiting for dragon age 2 to unlock in the UK *cries* :frown:
But until then.. bot of BC2, magicka, Dragon age:redface:rigins .. and some Frontlines:fuels of war chucked in there
Reply 1198
Just started getting into Supreme Commander 2. It's pretty good so far ^_^
Angry Birds :colondollar:

Just brought Bulletstorm though :smile: Game actually offered me £30 for COD Black Ops which was a nice surprise, so I got the Epic edition for only £8. Usually don't trade games in, but already have the game for PS3 and picked up my second copy for only £25 from Tescos a few weeks back :cool:

Latest