The Student Room Group

Combined Honours

Just a few questions about how these work...

1. I presume they exist because there's no way Unis can combine every combination of courses into official titled degrees?

2. If you did one, would you state that you have a "Combined Honours degree in _____ and _____" for example?

3. How do the entry requirements work? They seem to be very vague such as AAB-BCC, which is obviously quite unhelpful.
Reply 1
At Exeter, it says on their site that they'll discuss with you what to title your degree, e.g. Philosophy with Biology and Spanish, depending on what you've studied, but I don't know if that's the case for everywhere.
I would guess that the entry requirements would depend on what subjects you want to do within it? Like, English and law will be higher than archaeology
Reply 2
I don't understand what your first question is asking.
At Keele you can do pretty much any combination, because Keele is a rebel like that.

I do dual honours History and Politics, it's called "dual honours".

Entry requirements, I'm not sure about. Just look at the requirements for each of the subjects you're looking at, and if one is higher, you'll probably have to meet the higher one.
Reply 3
1) Yes, they do exist. They can be called joint honours, combined honours, dual honours...

2) You'd state you have a BA/BSc Honours in X and Y

Be aware that it's not always a 50/50 split. Where the course is termed X 'with' Y, subject X will probably be the dominant subject.

3) In most cases, you'll have to meet the higher of the entry requirements for the 2 subjects

Latest

Trending

Trending