The Student Room Group

Applying to university

Hey, im a little confused about the application process. I'm waiting on my AS results to come in, then from what i understand i apply to a course in uni sometime this year?? So you get into uni based on your AS results. What happens if you dont meet your predicted grade for A-level?

Also my main concern, i know i,ve done horribly in one subject in my AS exams and i was planning on resitting it to get my grade up to a suitable standard. Anyway does that mean i have to apply to my uni with the awful AS grade or do i repeat first?

Confusing :/

Jb.
Jackbruce
Hey, im a little confused about the application process. I'm waiting on my AS results to come in, then from what i understand i apply to a course in uni sometime this year??

You can do. If you're planning a gap year, you can also apply next year when you've got your A2 results and not have to worry about dealing with conditional offers ... but bear in mind, course fees may be going up by then.

So you get into uni based on your AS results. What happens if you dont meet your predicted grade for A-level?

No - you get into uni based on your A2 predicted results, which your teachers will send off with your application. You get to keep up to two offers on hold, so one is a firm and one an insurance. Most sensible people make their insurance lower, so if they miss the grades for their firm, they can hopefully still go to a uni of their choice.

If you miss completely, you can also go through Clearing.

Also my main concern, i know i,ve done horribly in one subject in my AS exams and i was planning on resitting it to get my grade up to a suitable standard. Anyway does that mean i have to apply to my uni with the awful AS grade or do i repeat first?

In order to be guaranteed consideration, you'll have to have applied before you get your resit results. However, you can put down your achieved AS grade and also put it in as pending, indicating you are retaking it.

Latest

Trending

Trending