The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

YES!!!!

Just been sat in my garden for thhe past hour with my mum in camping chairs staring at the sky. It's clear and the stars are beautiful. Ended up seeing 14 shooting stars altogether.

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! :biggrin:

How about everyone else? :h:
Addzter
Anyone had any luck with seeing tonight's meteor shower. The Guardian says that Western parts of the country have the best chance of seeing them, but I'm in the North West and I've seen nothing so far. What about you guys?

I live in the north west and I've seen 14 in the past hour. Clouds have come over now though so I'm calling it a night :frown:

Amazing though :h:
Reply 82
Jaz.K
I live in the north west and I've seen 14 in the past hour. Clouds have come over now though so I'm calling it a night :frown:

Show off, i've been looking outside for ages and can't see anything.

No clouds here at the moment and I live in the countryside yet I see nothing!
I saw nothing! Stupid Birmingham and stupid clouds!

I had to come in because the frogs were taking to the garden. I have a mental irrational fear of them :frown:
Gloucestershire = clear as a bell, but I have only seen 1 . . .it's hurting my eyes gawping out the window :/. Although I did see a bat fly past lol . . :biggrin:
Jaz.K

How are you seeing loads if the sky here is so cloudy!

Mind you, I do live practically under a power station with big beasty clouds :woo:
no im doing personal statement =[
Jaz.K
YES!!!!

Just been sat in my garden for thhe past hour with my mum in camping chairs staring at the sky. It's clear and the stars are beautiful. Ended up seeing 14 shooting stars altogether.

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! :biggrin:

How about everyone else? :h:

soooo lucky:mad: london sky is soo crap
x_stacy_x
Which way am i meant to be looking? Ive looks everywhere but cant see anything. Its very cloudy though

Look to the east and you'll see Jupiter, which appears to be the brightest star in the sky. The meteors will originate from about 60 deg to the left of that.

Clouds? Try again tomorrow night.
Reply 89
How frequent are these meteor shower things? Anyone know?
Reply 90
Just saw an absolute beast of a meteor there, was bright orange and you could see the trail of smoke it left behind

I'm freezing out here though
Reply 91
what the hell do they actually look like??? green and red?:redface:)
marcusfox
Look to the east and you'll see Jupiter, which appears to be the brightest star in the sky. The meteors will originate from about 60 deg to the left of that.

Ahh that's what the brightest blob is . .Jupiter . .:smile:
Here in Swindon I saw two brilliant ones, orange and on fire, what a beast it was and so close. Then my dad had a go at me for looking out the windon because 'I'm making an noise' and will wake the chavs next door, I don't care they kept me up all night last night with banging and music.
matt10101
Just saw an absolute beast of a meteor there, was bright orange and you could see the trail of smoke it left behind

I'm freezing out here though

Awww lucky. Im tempted to venture outside in my PJ's, wack on my winter jacket and watch. :p:
x_stacy_x
Im practically NW too (North East Wales) and ive not seen anything

Jaz.K

Damn you both! :mad: I stood outside for half an hour and saw jack ****! :frown:

Which part of the North West are you in Jaz.K? A pretty rural part?

EDIT: Also, why aren't I the thread starter any more? :argh:
How long is this meteor shower going to last for??? . .
Reply 97
Im in birmingham and all i can see is clouds =[
DancinBallerina
Ahh that's what the brightest blob is . .Jupiter . .:smile:

Yes, The Perseids will be somewhere in between that very bright thing, Jupiter, and the slightly less bright, but the next brightest thing in that area of sky on the left and a little lower, 90 degrees across the sky from Jupiter, called Capella. Closer to Capella in fact.
Reply 99
I've seen 5 of them now.

So cool. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending