The Student Room Group

Needing some advice regarding ...A Levels/University/Future

So results day was yesterday, and I know I've posted quite abit in this forum already but I feel that I'm stuck in a very bad situation.

I was predicted to get AAC but I only got ABD, missing out on an A in ICT by 6 UMS and 3 UMS to a C in Chemistry. I know that I can do better, and I felt really hard done by after being moderated down in coursework as I would have got the grades if they didn't (my last chemistry result was appauling too and I know I should have done better).

The situation with UCAS right now is, I'm waiting on my firm offer as I'm in a waiting list. As this goes on and on, I'm starting to wonder whether I'll get a place at all. I won't know until Monday, and with clearing spaces so short, I highly doubt I'll get a place, although QMUL said I met their requirements and would probably take me on if they had a space and if I went into clearing. The course I applied for was Computer Science (with Management). My insurance rejected me straight off as I didn't meet their grades. I have a (small) lifeline with Kings, but I'm worried I won't get in.

So this leaves me with a decision to make:

1. Stay stuck in limbo and hope Kings give me an offer. If worse comes to the worse and I don't get in and clearing places are gone, then I'll reapply to UCAS 2011.

2. Just ask to be released and go into clearing, potentially going to a university I don't want.

3. A continuation to 1, but in addition to reapplying, resit my exams to try and get AAA-AAB and reapply to King's again, as well as some other universities (UCL, Bristol etc.)

Previously this year I applied for:

- King's College, London - still awaiting their decision. Computer Science and Management with Yr in Industry.
- Nottingham - REJECTED, was Insurance, same subject as above.
- UCL - REJECTED, Computer Science
- Royal Holloway and Aston both for Computer Science, declined both.

I'm honestly completely stuck and I don't know what to do. Some advice would be really grateful and would be really nice but at the end of the day I know it's going to be my decision.

HCT1802.
If there's nothing in clearing you actually want I'd wait to hear from King's and if that doesn't work out, resit and reapply. No point putting yourself through the stress of clearing for a uni you don't even want to go to if you think you can do better. Depends on how set you are on King's/UCL and how motivated you are to do re-sits.

Latest

Trending

Trending