The Student Room Group

WJEC French AS Results?

I'd like to know how everyone did in this? There are only 3 people from my school doing french and we got D (myself) and other to got Us in the exam.. resulting in an overall C for me, E and U for the others. We were all a little surprised, teachers included, as we were predicted A/Bs.. and came out of the exam feeling good! :/ I thought id do best in french! but manages As in maths, chem and physics! :/

How did you all do in French (WJEC) ?
I did Spanish with WJEC, and the written paper results were all over the place - A candidates getting Bs & Cs, then C candidates getting mid As on the written! Speaking looks to be about right though.

I'm getting the paper back to look at it, I only just got a B for written!
Reply 2
i got a D :s-smilie: and iv had like As/Bs throughout the year.. so at worst i shoould get a C in the exam? :/ but no, i had a low D!! And the weird thing is that i walked out feeling more confident than my other exam that day (maths) in which i actually got an A*!

An A* and low D are really really different :L .. im thinking of remarking the paper. But the fact that we all did bad in my class shows that perhaps the teachers gave us false hopes..
It's possible - especially given that the specification is only a few years old. Remember we're only the second set of AS to sit the exam, it's still very new. That said, anything other than an E is a good grade really.

I'd request the photocopy back (deadline 27th August) and see where you went wrong. If it's been harsh then request a remark :smile:(deadline 20th Sept)
Reply 4
Kinesthetic
It's possible - especially given that the specification is only a few years old. Remember we're only the second set of AS to sit the exam, it's still very new. That said, anything other than an E is a good grade really.

I'd request the photocopy back (deadline 27th August) and see where you went wrong. If it's been harsh then request a remark :smile:(deadline 20th Sept)

oh ok! how much would it cost to request a photocopy? and how do i go about it exactly?
smj14
oh ok! how much would it cost to request a photocopy? and how do i go about it exactly?

You'd have to go through your exams officer, the deadline is the 27th so ring up your school/college on Monday (/ASAP).

The cost differs from school to college etc. Ours are £15 for a photocopy which covers the staff admin costs at the college.
Reply 6
Kinesthetic
I did Spanish with WJEC, and the written paper results were all over the place - A candidates getting Bs & Cs, then C candidates getting mid As on the written! Speaking looks to be about right though.

I'm getting the paper back to look at it, I only just got a B for written!

Our speaking was a bit off, Several went down from A to B (poss nerves) I went from A to C in speaking but got 120/120 on written :confused: both of which I thought were incredibly unlikely... they've been a bit odd with spanish for both of our years though so I think we're having a look. I'm certainly getting oral remarked :p:
Reply 7
smj14
I'd like to know how everyone did in this? There are only 3 people from my school doing french and we got D (myself) and other to got Us in the exam.. resulting in an overall C for me, E and U for the others. We were all a little surprised, teachers included, as we were predicted A/Bs.. and came out of the exam feeling good! :/ I thought id do best in french! but manages As in maths, chem and physics! :/

I got 95%, having been hovering around 83-5, though the 83-5 was on raw marks cos our teachers didn't have any UMS changing stuff. Kinda surprised, but really happy cos French was a bit iffy after the exam. WJEC are known for being a bit odd on language marking though, espesh with new specifications, so I'd get them looked at at least.
Reply 8
smj14

hey! this is so weird but you sound exactly like my friend in my french class and this sounds like the same scenario as we have. she takes french maths chem and biology! weirddd and we had 3 people in our class, who got the same grades as your class did! too weird. anyway, glad to know im not the only one, i got a B on the oral and then a U on the exam! im hoping it was just the exam, and i can resit it. :confused:
Reply 9
Kinesthetic
Remember we're only the second set of AS to sit the exam, it's still very new.

Hello, I'm a member of the first set of AS to sit the WJEC French exam...

I was the first to take the A2 exam and I have to say I was...disappointed/surprised with my results too. There were 2 parts to my Oral Exam and we'd been practicing the first part since September and I'd been getting high Cs, Bs throughout the year...knew the topic that eventually came up in the exam and knew my second part - my presentation - off-by-heart and had practiced all the questions that came up on it...my Oral section, in the end, overal came to a D and I was epically shocked.

I think something iffy's been going on with WJEC in general. My English Lit exam board was also WJEC and the exam they gave us made no sense.

Luckily my chances at Uni weren't effected...but, with you guys, I'd definitely bring things up with your teachers?

Latest