The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Because we don't want to swallow.
My mouth gets dry when doing sports, so I get spit to stop it being dry, then spit it out. Because I don't want swallow :/

Common snese prevails////
Reply 3
I don't spit. That's disgusting, I hate it when people do it in public especially when just walking along the high street. ******* rank. No idea why they do it but it's chavvy as hell.
Reply 4
i dont#
i guess they do it in an attempt to earn lad points
Reply 5
because they have stuff in their mouth that they don't want to swallow.

/thread
mikeyd85
Because we don't want to swallow.

**** you, that was my line! :tongue:
I spit on your thread. (menacing tone)
TheMeister
**** you, that was my line! :tongue:

:awesome:

Early bird and all that...
Cos when you are playing sports or some similar ****, your spit gets all phlegm-ish from lactic acid or something, so you kind have to spit.

No excuse just walking down the street and the like.
i can accept football players etc doing it cos your mouth gets dry. Is disgusting people just doing it down the street though
Eugh. Spitting. Eugh.
"Its like all kinds of diseases infest my pen, I'm sick I gotta spit I can't digest my phlegm"
Reply 13
:rofl:
TBH if you're outside playing sport or something I really don't see what the problem is, at times it becomes almost necessary to do so and it's not like your ******* saliva is going to destroy the environment (hopefully).

Doing it in the street is unpleasant yeah, but I'm sure I see just as many women doing it as men. There's bins ******* everywhere here, I don't get why people can't spit chewing gum into them, or just ******* swallow it, instead of leaving it on the pavement.
Don't spit on the streets, only when doing sports.
just something you do.
Reply 16
It’s pretty gross and unhygienic. Everyday when I go to the tram stop I always manage to put my foot in somebody’s saliva. :pinch:

Maybe they’re marking their territory, like when a dog wizzes up a lamppost.
why do hens mit?
Reply 18
TheCurlyHairedDude
My mouth gets dry when doing sports, so I get spit to stop it being dry, then spit it out. Because I don't want swallow :/

Common snese prevails////

I'm sorry but this seems like a poor excuse to me - I've played tennis all my life and my mouth has been completely dry but I have never spat and never felt the need to spit..we swallow our own spit all the time, why do you suddenly say 'I don't want to swallow'...is it just a 'I'm one of the lads' thing...isnt that a bit pathetic if so?
Nasty habit. Only time I'll ever spit is if my mouth gets phlegmy and even in those situations I'll make sure it's down a drain or in the grass which by boots will simply rub it in. Casual spitting is gross though.

I can understand the sport situation.

Latest

Trending

Trending