The Student Room Group

Psychology or Product Design?

I just enrolled into my schools sixth form..
I wanted to do 5 subjects for A levels, however I don't think I'd be able to cope. I don't have any idea what I want to be when I'm older however I've chosen History, Psychology, Product Design (Technology), Spanish and HE module for my A levels..
The HE module is compulsory for the first year and I got my GCSE's yesterday and I did very well in History so I won't be dropping that and Spanish is 'cause I want to learn the language to a higher extent.
So I have done all my research and I can't decide which subject to drop out of Product Design or Psychology..
After my one year course doing HE module I may be able to take up the subject I drop for an AS level, which is probably what I will do if possible.
So which subject will be better for me to take for two years and get me a full A level in? I can't decide which one to drop out of the two and they both seem interesting and I think I would enjoy them both.
Reply 1
I chose both, and when we were reccommended to drop one from AS-> A2 i chose psychology.

Product design was fun, for As we made a lamp for courswork (and a large folder with it) and got A2 we made a radio. You design your own lamp/radio/whatever and then create it, which was always fun and a nice change from sitting in the classroom like you would with psychology. The product design exam (other 50%) was the hard part, learning about the different materials, plastics, metals, smart materials, infact the knowledge is vast but we were given textbooks and told to learn it, the actual exam when it came to it i found okay though.

basically i reccommend product design for the coursework part of it, its alot funner.
Reply 2
Ah thanks :smile:
Yeah that's what our whole course sounds like -basically the same for Product Design.
Thanks, made me go towards more product design seen as you've had the experience of both and it does sound funner, I mean for Psychology we needed a B in Science and C's in English and Maths which I got A and B in English and B in Maths and AA in Science so I was clear to do the course. But I also got an A in Product Design for GCSE so I chose both not thinking that 5 subjects would be too hard but from people doing A levels at the moment they've said 4 is enough and still has tones of work involved. I'll keep thinking but your reply has given me a lot of help :smile:

Latest