The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Well, it's a Holloway, and it's, er, Royal, I suppose...

THIS FALL...

PREPARE... TO BE AMAZED...

[cut to scene of galloping horses with swordfighting fx, music swells, cut back]

COMING SOON...

TO A ROYAL HOLLOWAY NEAR YOU...

GET READY...

FOR...

...me.

*sigh*

Okay, so I was lying when I said you’d be amazed. I can’t ride a horse either, although I do have a really cool fencing scar which is totally a legitimate fencing scar and not actually from when I jumped over a fence and smacked into a tree whilst fleeing the cops after consuming a large bottle of whiskey. Honest.

So, yeah. I guess you could call this an introduction. Since by the end of this weekend I will have probably met (and shared a drink with) many of you, I thought it might be a good idea to make a post about myself, so those who browse this board have a chance to be sensible and completely avoid me and my awful, sinful ways.

Anyway. My name is Robin (yes, like the bird, the comedian and the recently deceased gnome sorry MP), and I will be studying Politics at RHUL. Well, I say studying... Some of you may remember me from the RHUL lj community, others - who have stayed away from livejournal because excessive emo makes you break out in a rash - may not.

Although I’m doing Politics, I don’t want to be a politician. In actual fact, I would like to be a writer. A novelist, to be exact, although I suppose I could be persuaded to pen the occasional column for the Sunday Times, if the price was right... :wink:

The stuff I write dances all over the spectrum, but its usually humourous, or at least tries to be (big difference). I also write stories that illustrate my political and philosophical beliefs, sometimes with all the subtle delicacy of a shaved Glaswegian head connecting with your nose, although I am getting better. Favourite writer, you ask? Asimov, King, Pratchett... ALL PALE IN COMPARISON TO J.K. ROWLING! Juuuust kidding, don’t worry, the bitch can tell a story but she sure as hell aint God’s gift to style...

Hmm, well, since I’m talking about my writing, maybe I ought to link to a few examples... Let’s see...

What I wrote for a History test (because I was a lazy bum and didn't revise)

Something Scottish this way comes? I don't really know what this one is about

Gary Trotter and the Castle of Doooooom (not, in fact, a HP parody. Actually, in fact, about a paranormal fighting vacuum cleaner salesman)

This happened when I did a writing request post and someone wanted a piece about ‘global warming and the menstrual cycle of a dragonfly’

I also have two websites. Well, one and a half, because the old one has been semi-retired to make room for the new one, so a few of the links won’t work, but here's some pages from it (they're kinda old, I wrote them about 2-3 years ago):

May the forks be with you

Lord of the Blings

25-12-0000: A Nativity

My new site is an online newspaper dedicated to bringing you the finest news from the UK and around the globe. Check it out here

For other stuff, take a wander around my livejournal, which is also useful for finding out more about me and what I like. Musical taste-wise, I am eclectic and not teenage girl eclectic, which means they like ANYTHING...that’s in the charts - but properly eclectic, as in I listen to everything. My favourite genres would be metal, hip-hop, pop, and classic rock, but I’m also partial to a bit of dance, punk and classical. All this means I was the only person in my school to listen to both black metal and bubblegum pop with regularity. My favourite artists? Pink Floyd, Children of Bodom, Sonata Arctica, Eminem, Jurassic 5, The Beatles, Bad Religion... the list goes on. And on. And-

I’ve taken up too much of your time already. My apologies. You may now return to your regularly scheduled browsing :wink: Thanks for reading!

Edit: I'm in Reid Hall, by the way. Is anyone else?
Reply 1
*applause* nice introduction, yet you have no oscar wilde quotes, this is a great disappointment. :P and i'm going to add you on lj because u made me laugh.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
i wanna meet you! u sound funny lol. and you also know how to introduce urself. i agree w/ ur comment about jkr. im in kingswood but shall seek u out if u deem to be seek-out able
:biggrin:
Reply 3
Nice to meet you :biggrin:
Reply 4
I think I recognise you from LJ - did you make a post in the RHUL community? :biggrin:
I'm going to add you aswell! (I'm goodsarah).
Reply 5
Oh yes, I remember you from the rhul community, Mr. Ego (I don't mean that in a bad way). I was the one who is also considering writing for Orbital (llieno). I'm in Williamson!
Reply 6
ey fellah ud definately have a drink or two with me...the only thing is mate i duno where i can consume my goods....? (is there local newsagent, pubs/bars, or even a RHUL bar in uni, coz that will be very helpful, trust me it will...but how far are the other placesanyway ?

Latest

Trending

Trending