The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Official Royal Holloway 2023 Applicants Thread

Welcome to the applicants' thread for Royal Holloway University of London 2023 entry :biggrin:

Here you can chat with other applicants, find out when offers are being given out and perhaps get to know coursemates.

Questions to get started:
1 - What course are you applying for?
2 - Why Royal Holloway?
3 - What A-levels or equivalent are you taking?
4 - Which other unis are you applying for?

Hub for all uni applicants' threads: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7253776
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi,
I might apply for Royal Holloway for Economics with Political Studies.
Is it sensible to consider applying if I'm planning to commute from Chelsea. What are the earliest lecture times and the latest for undergrads?
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Cant.be.asked
Hi,
I might apply for Royal Holloway for Economics with Political Studies.
Is it sensible to consider applying if I'm planning to commute from Chelsea. What are the earliest lecture times and the latest for undergrads?

That's far too much distance if it's by public transport, and expensive. You should move out and live in halls.
I'm not at RHUL, but in general for UK unis, the earliest start is 9 a.m. and the latest finish is around 6 p.m.
Reply 3
Hi, I want to apply at Royal Holloway for a Neuroscience and psychology degree, however I am unsure of what the grade requirements mean. it states AAA-AAB, so does this mean that you need a minimum of AAB? I am currently sitting on an AAB and I don’t think it will change, so can i still apply?
Reply 4
Original post by ff.07
Hi, I want to apply at Royal Holloway for a Neuroscience and psychology degree, however I am unsure of what the grade requirements mean. it states AAA-AAB, so does this mean that you need a minimum of AAB? I am currently sitting on an AAB and I don’t think it will change, so can i still apply?

Yep minimum is AAB so ur absolutely fine. Tbf if u got a little lower than that, you will still prob get accepted as rhul are quite lenient when it comes to grades.
Hey
I'm applying for psychology and criminology
My A-levels that I'm taking are sociology, psychology and geography
Other unis I have been thinking about applying are university of central Lancashire and university of Winchester
hi i’m immy
i sat my a-levels this summer (psychology, biology, english lit and a psychology-related epq).
i’m on a gap year, planning to apply to rh. the uni is local to me and i’ve visited the campus many times. i’m also really impressed by the psychology department and resources, like the mri machine.
feel free to pm :smile: would love to talk to fellow applicants
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 7
Hi I’m Jess!
I’m currently on a gap year and applying to rhul, at the moment it’s my first choice. I’m applying for biology with a foundation year (: feel free to message me if you’re doing a similar course or just want to get to know people planning on going to rhul (:
My mum read in a FB post that Royal Holloway has begun giving offers. Will Admin be creating offer holders thread soon? Also for Bristol?
Original post by jjess(:
Hi I’m Jess!
I’m currently on a gap year and applying to rhul, at the moment it’s my first choice. I’m applying for biology with a foundation year (: feel free to message me if you’re doing a similar course or just want to get to know people planning on going to rhul (:

nice to meet a fellow gap yearer :smile:
Original post by immyfleur04
nice to meet a fellow gap yearer :smile:

Haha yeah , nice to meet you! Would be cool to chat, do you have Instagram ?
Reply 11
Original post by LoDMR
Yep minimum is AAB so ur absolutely fine. Tbf if u got a little lower than that, you will still prob get accepted as rhul are quite lenient when it comes to grades.

just got my predicted grades and it’s ABC :/. Do you think that’s too low to even try and apply?
Reply 12
Original post by ff.07
just got my predicted grades and it’s ABC :/. Do you think that’s too low to even try and apply?

Nah you can still try to apply! I got a CBB for a course that needed ABB and got an unconditional offer because they sent me a letter saying they were impressed with my personal statement. So if u make ur statement stand out for any application, that can be the deciding factor. Hope that gives u some motivation! :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by LoDMR
Nah you can still try to apply! I got a CBB for a course that needed ABB and got an unconditional offer because they sent me a letter saying they were impressed with my personal statement. So if u make ur statement stand out for any application, that can be the deciding factor. Hope that gives u some motivation! :smile:

omg yea that made me feel a bit better. I will try my best to make my ps stand out. Thank you so much!
Original post by Sinnoh
Welcome to the applicants' thread for Royal Holloway University of London 2023 entry :biggrin:

Here you can chat with other applicants, find out when offers are being given out and perhaps get to know coursemates.

1 - What course are you applying for?
2 - Why Royal Holloway?
3 - What A-levels or equivalent are you taking?
4 - Which other unis are you applying for?

Hub for all uni applicants' threads: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7253776

1 - What course are you applying for? = Law LLB
2 - Why Royal Holloway? = The campus is so pretty, course content seems interesting, people I know who go there say the social life is great (minus clubbing) and it's close to where I live so in the event I don't get accommodation, I can always commute xx
3 - What A-levels or equivalent are you taking? = English Literature, History and Sociology (predicted ABB)
4 - Which other unis are you applying for? I honestly don't know yet since my predicted are quite low for UCL, KCL and Reading
Original post by dayaspersonalgf
1 - What course are you applying for? = Law LLB
2 - Why Royal Holloway? = The campus is so pretty, course content seems interesting, people I know who go there say the social life is great (minus clubbing) and it's close to where I live so in the event I don't get accommodation, I can always commute xx
3 - What A-levels or equivalent are you taking? = English Literature, History and Sociology (predicted ABB)
4 - Which other unis are you applying for? I honestly don't know yet since my predicted are quite low for UCL, KCL and Reading

Hi, I'm also applying for Law at Royal Holloway!!
Hi i’m izzy!
i’m applying for Astrophysics
i’m currently doing A level physics, maths, geography and english lit ( predicted A* A* A A).
Royal holloway looks pretty and I like the physics department.
Other unis: Oxford, UCL, York, Edinburgh
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi! My name is Rory, and I hope to study English Literature and Creative Writing! Royal Holloway is my top choice but I'm also applying to Cardiff, Birmingham, Reading and Bath Spa.
I study English Lit, History, and the Welsh Bac for A-Levels :smile:
has anyone started to receive offers yet? for those who have already applied
Original post by izzyx24
has anyone started to receive offers yet? for those who have already applied

I haven’t applied yet so no but don’t worry if you haven’t heard anything yet. Unis have until the end of may (July if you apply late) to send offers so don’t stress. If you haven’t heard anything by end of march that’s when I would email or call up and ask

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending