The Student Room Group

Orthognathic surgery on the NHS

delete
(edited 13 years ago)
I have not had surgery but i was told that it was an option only that i would have to wait because i was young and the NHS can not afford it ( my ortho was an idiot).I have the same problem as you but most people say they dont notice so i did not have the surgery as i thought it was not worth it. Now i have a different ortho and are just having regular braces and my problem is being corrected. If you have had braces for so long now it would have all been wasted having braces on for 22 months as you have to have braces after the surgery.

Hope all goes well xxx
Reply 2
sounds like communication with your surgeon is not ideal if you only found out by overhearing that he's put you on the waiting list - and without actually discussing what is planned. you need to push him to explain things to you more clearly.

p.s. it's septum, not spectrum.
Reply 3
Change your Orthodontist and your surgeon. I learnt the hard way and had surgery three times, lack of communication etc sounds very familar.
I now see a private Orthodontist ( took out a loan which I couldn't afford ) two and a half years into nhs orthodontic treatment and am now on a good dose of anti depressants.
For the first time in two and a half years, I can see a light at the end of the tunnel and my new orthodontist explains things so carefully and promises to be gentle.:tongue:

I guess you get what you pay for.:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending