The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
Are you staying in catered halls, or self-catered? Generally, catered halls will have some level of storage which you can use for free - some halls have more than others though, eg Hu Stu has loads. If you're in self-catered, or your hall doesn't have much space, then you'll probably need to sort some form of private storage. A quick google suggests that this is the closest self-storage company to the uni. No idea what it's like pricing-wise, but it look s fairly reputable from the website.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Moving in/out isn't as much hassle as people first think, although it is something you'll appreciate not having to do when you move out of halls!

If you're on campus, they let you rent a room out for storage only which doesn't cost too much. I think it was about £65 for the Easter break, but don't quote me on that. You can take the option of staying in halls over the university breaks as well if you don't want to go back home for whatever reason, uncatered, at a pretty good rate.

Alternatively, there are loads of self-storage companies nearby. Personally though, I'd just move out and back in again and save myself the cash.
Reply 3
alex-hs
Are you staying in catered halls, or self-catered? Generally, catered halls will have some level of storage which you can use for free - some halls have more than others though, eg Hu Stu has loads. If you're in self-catered, or your hall doesn't have much space, then you'll probably need to sort some form of private storage. A quick google suggests that this is the closest self-storage company to the uni. No idea what it's like pricing-wise, but it look s fairly reputable from the website.

Cartered hall in Jubilee Campus...
Expect to see many foreign students hehe...
Do you know much about storage facilities in this hall?
If yes, tell me about the size or the volume to store mine.
Don't need to be specific just rough ideas u'know:biggrin:
e.g. about xxx cm width
as high as the closet
etc.
Reply 4
:biggrin:
DarkWhite
Moving in/out isn't as much hassle as people first think, although it is something you'll appreciate not having to do when you move out of halls!

If you're on campus, they let you rent a room out for storage only which doesn't cost too much. I think it was about £65 for the Easter break, but don't quote me on that. You can take the option of staying in halls over the university breaks as well if you don't want to go back home for whatever reason, uncatered, at a pretty good rate.

Alternatively, there are loads of self-storage companies nearby. Personally though, I'd just move out and back in again and save myself the cash.

I agree about the easiness of packing the belongings and the the idea of saving money.
But, don't you think it is more comfortable to store in the university and come back with just your body?
That's why I am asking about storage facilities in the university....

PS. I know it is too early but when I imagine myself moving the luggages again....of course I can search on a google about storage centre and may call my parents...
But it is the best to use the storage facilities from the University if they have..:biggrin:
Reply 5
dldnqor3172
Cartered hall in Jubilee Campus...
Expect to see many foreign students hehe...
Do you know much about storage facilities in this hall?
If yes, tell me about the size or the volume to store mine.
Don't need to be specific just rough ideas u'know:biggrin:
e.g. about xxx cm width
as high as the closet
etc.

Nope, sorry, no idea really, although I think it's mainly the older halls that have more space - I suspect the halls on Jubilee won't have all that much space, as they'll have been designed 'sensibly' from a point of view of space utilisation! It's the older, more sprawling halls which have randomly placed storage cupboards and basement storage areas etc.

As DarkWhite says, you may be able to pay for a room to keep things in - you may even be able to split the cost with someone else
Reply 6
dldnqor3172
:biggrin:

I agree about the easiness of packing the belongings and the the idea of saving money.
But, don't you think it is more comfortable to store in the university and come back with just your body?
That's why I am asking about storage facilities in the university....

PS. I know it is too early but when I imagine myself moving the luggages again....of course I can search on a google about storage centre and may call my parents...
But it is the best to use the storage facilities from the University if they have..:biggrin:

i can't comment on the Jubilee halls, but UP halls have space for storage. They use the rooms for conferences and such, but only a few from what I can gather :smile:

I wouldn't worry about it for now - there will be space to store things, either on-campus or at self-storage facilities :smile:
Reply 7
You can, alot of overseas students do. The cost won't be worth it unless you'd have to fly your stuff in, and even then . . . still the more expensive option.
Reply 8
Einheri
You can, alot of overseas students do. The cost won't be worth it unless you'd have to fly your stuff in, and even then . . . still the more expensive option.

You mean inside the university (University owned?
If yes, do you know the cost and the size?:eek:
Reply 9
dldnqor3172
You mean inside the university (University owned?
If yes, do you know the cost and the size?:eek:

Yeah, I think it depends on the hall. I know for a fact that Nightingale does (or at least did).
Reply 10
Einheri
Yeah, I think it depends on the hall. I know for a fact that Nightingale does (or at least did).

So no ideas about Jubilee hall....:confused:
I hope there were some places to store inside the University campus...
well, the nearer the storage facility is, the more comfortable I will be... u'know:biggrin:
Reply 11
dldnqor3172
So no ideas about Jubilee hall....:confused:
I hope there were some places to store inside the University campus...
well, the nearer the storage facility is, the more comfortable I will be... u'know:biggrin:

Email them.

Latest

Trending

Trending