The Student Room Group

UKCAT Results

Hello,
I did my UKCAT exam today. I'm about to go into year 13 and am hoping to apply this year for undergraduate medicine. I have 7 A*s, 4As and a B at GCSE and just got a result of four As at AS level (including chemistry and biology).

I obviously have my UKCAT results but to be honest, I'm not too sure what to make of them. I'd appreciate any comments anyone could make about whether they are good or bad and what universities I should apply to, given these results.

VR: 640
QR: 800
AR: 640
DA: 650

Total: 2730
Average: 683

I know that the marks are between 300 and 900, with 600 being the average, but does anyone know how the results are distributed? Is it a Normal Distribution? Also, can anyone find some stats on the results of last year's UKCAT; I can't find any anywhere.

Thanks everyone,
Dan
Reply 1
Different uni's use the results in different ways, some have cut off points, some look at the average score and others have a cut off for each unit.
My advice would be to go on to the websites of the uni's you want to apply to and see what their position is, there will be a section on the UKCAT.
To be honest though 683 is a great result and 800 in QR is brilliant, I don't think there are any uni's which would discriminate against you based on that score.
Reply 2
Josh93
Different uni's use the results in different ways, some have cut off points, some look at the average score and others have a cut off for each unit.
My advice would be to go on to the websites of the uni's you want to apply to and see what their position is, there will be a section on the UKCAT.
To be honest though 683 is a great result and 800 in QR is brilliant, I don't think there are any uni's which would discriminate against you based on that score.

Except for Sheffield!
Sanjetti
Except for Sheffield!

Oh you went to school near where I live. :h:

Sorry OP, this is no help whatsoever to you. :o:
Reply 4
Sanjetti
Except for Sheffield!

Why is that? What UKCAT score requirements do they have?

Thanks,
Dan
Reply 5
danjwright
Why is that? What UKCAT score requirements do they have?

Thanks,
Dan

Sheffield had a UKCAT cut-off of 685 for 2010 entry, and it's likely to increase for 2011 entry. You will, however, be pretty safe for universities like Newcastle, Barts and Manchester, who have slightly lower UKCAT cut-offs.
Reply 6
Amandeep_Psych07
Oh you went to school near where I live. :h:

Sorry OP, this is no help whatsoever to you. :o:

:biggrin:

I love that cake btw :yum:
Sanjetti
:biggrin:

I love that cake btw :yum:

Do you live nearby? :h:

Thanks, I made it. M&S. :yum:

Latest