The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
Seriously, what is this 'ship' thing that's started among fandom of some shows? Since when did that become a thing? When did it stop just being sexual tension?

In other news, when did I get so old?!
Reply 3981
Original post by Slumpy
Seriously, what is this 'ship' thing that's started among fandom of some shows? Since when did that become a thing? When did it stop just being sexual tension?

In other news, when did I get so old?!

Its an abbreviated form of 'relationship'. It doesn't have to be from sexual tension, just the idea of two characters paired together. I meant in the form of the alliance of Morgana and Mordred - it would have been nice to see the development between them, driving the plot further.
Reply 3982
Original post by priya8D
Its an abbreviated form of 'relationship'. It doesn't have to be from sexual tension, just the idea of two characters paired together. I meant in the form of the alliance of Morgana and Mordred - it would have been nice to see the development between them, driving the plot further.

Yeah, I got that much, but I swear back in the day people weren't that bothered about 'relationships' or whatever. I suspect I am just getting old really, but it just seems like such a waste of language!
Reply 3983
I was just reading something about how the Merlin fandom is the worst for seeing too much sexual tension, shipping incest, hate on female characters etc. I've noticed that there's a lot more actor shipping than normal, but nothing out of the ordinary other than that. Thoughts?
Reply 3984
Original post by Alix23
I was just reading something about how the Merlin fandom is the worst for seeing too much sexual tension, shipping incest, hate on female characters etc. I've noticed that there's a lot more actor shipping than normal, but nothing out of the ordinary other than that. Thoughts?

People were pretty bad for doing it about Sherlock, but I suppose that's unavoidable.
Reply 3985
Original post by Alix23

Original post by Slumpy
People were pretty bad for doing it about Sherlock, but I suppose that's unavoidable.

Original post by Slumpy
Yeah, I got that much, but I swear back in the day people weren't that bothered about 'relationships' or whatever. I suspect I am just getting old really, but it just seems like such a waste of language!

I guess this is all the result of 'The Fangirl Revolution' - some fans do get carried away and share their sensational ideas with the rest of the fandom. I mean Twitter and Tumblr are oozing with it - Merthur, Johnlock etc. Its not necessarily a bad thing - but some fanfiction is CRAZY! I know where my limits lie - but some fans do go slightly berserk, to say the very least :biggrin:
Reply 3986
Original post by priya8D
I guess this is all the result of 'The Fangirl Revolution' - some fans do get carried away and share their sensational ideas with the rest of the fandom. I mean Twitter and Tumblr are oozing with it - Merthur, Johnlock etc. Its not necessarily a bad thing - but some fanfiction is CRAZY! I know where my limits lie - but some fans do go slightly berserk, to say the very least :biggrin:

I dunno, fanfiction never bothers me as it's clearly just sex stuff like 90% of the time. It's people overly reading into relationships that I think bugs me..
Colin Morgan is going to be in the Tempest at the Globe!

http://www.shakespearesglobe.com/theatre/on-stage

Who's going to try and go? I definitely want to get tickets. I've seen Globe On Tour several times and the productions have always been brilliant! I've never been to the Globe though. Richard Madden (Robb in GoT) played Romeo (with his Scottish accent!) when they were on tour in about 2007 and he was fantastic.
Reply 3988
Original post by Emmie3303

Who's going to try and go? I definitely want to get tickets. I've seen Globe On Tour several times and the productions have always been brilliant! I've never been to the Globe though. Richard Madden (Robb in GoT) played Romeo (with his Scottish accent!) when they were on tour in about 2007 and he was fantastic.

Me! I won't be able to until after my GCSEs though :smile:
Original post by Alix23

:woo:

I probably won't be able to go until June because of uni.

EDIT: I've ordered tickets! They've allowed general booking to start today.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3990
Got enough money to buy another box set, which series should I get?
Reply 3991
:laugh: :dance:

:p:

I didn't even realise I'd done it until I saw your post :grin:.

It's alright :wink:
Reply 3992
Original post by Astrid_
Thanks for the welcome!

:biggrin:
Reply 3993
Original post by priya8D
:redface: It would have been cool to see Morgana's sassy and fiesty side with Mordred though :colone:

:yep:
Reply 3994
Original post by Alix23
I think it's a shame they cut out the main scene with them together, but even with that there relationship in series 5 wasn't developed at all :frown:

:youbetcha:
Reply 3995
Original post by Slumpy

Exactly, what I've been thinking recently. I knew it's on Tumblr but Twitter too :eek:
Reply 3996
Original post by priya8D

Really? :biggrin: :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3997
Original post by Slumpy
I dunno, fanfiction never bothers me as it's clearly just sex stuff like 90% of the time. It's people overly reading into relationships that I think bugs me..

:zomg: You took the words out of my mouth :colondollar:

& Welcome to :tsr:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3998

:zomg: :zomg: :zomg: :zomg:, and of-course :zomg:

Is the theatre in London or Avon? :colondollar:

Both in Albion though :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3999
Original post by Alix23

:woo:

I probably won't be able to go until June because of uni.

Me too :cry2: :cry2: :emo:

Latest