The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bella Occhi
Morgana escaped the castle pretty quickly and stealthily for someone on the most wanted list with no magic who had just been stabbed...

What happened to her powers? Why didn't they work?
Original post by worker13
What happened to her powers? Why didn't they work?

Could be wrong, but I thought that was the point of the small wicker doll Merlin placed under her bed, figured it must drain her power for a short time or something. They should have explained it better. That seemed to be the whole reason he went in to the castle, and Morgana's magic was the problem he'd been thinking about, seemed to make sense.
Original post by Fing4
I was hoping that Nimueh would save Morgana at the end, would make a great next season with Nimueh somehow returning :biggrin:

Also, did Arthur not wonder how Merlin managed to kill Aggravaine and all his men when Merlin went to 'cover their tracks'?

That would be incredibly random.
Original post by Oliviaonthetrain
Merry Xmas to all! :biggrin:

You too.

Original post by Fing4

Also, did Arthur not wonder how Merlin managed to kill Aggravaine and all his men when Merlin went to 'cover their tracks'?

Merlin's a one-man wonder. If Merlin was a boss though, he'd conquer Camelot for himself, rule it as he sees fit and have Morgana as his b***. :colonhash:
Original post by Evil Monkey
Could be wrong, but I thought that was the point of the small wicker doll Merlin placed under her bed, figured it must drain her power for a short time or something. They should have explained it better. That seemed to be the whole reason he went in to the castle, and Morgana's magic was the problem he'd been thinking about, seemed to make sense.

Oh I thought Merlin was mentally blocking Morgana's powers but my thoughts did linger over this.

Guys. I think next season may be the last seeing as Merlin is yet to reveal his magic.

I must say, the extras that play soldiers need serious extra training. How does a slash to the chest cause a person to fall forwards, with out any stumbling at all. That sword really must be magic.
Reply 1185
Original post by Ascendansy

imo, Morgana being saved by Mordred or whatever his name is would've been a much better ending.

I was anticipating druids when the dragon appeared..
Original post by worker13
Oh I thought Merlin was mentally blocking Morgana's powers but my thoughts did linger over this.

Guys. I think next season may be the last seeing as Merlin is yet to reveal his magic.

I must say, the extras that play soldiers need serious extra training. How does a slash to the chest cause a person to fall forwards, with out any stumbling at all. That sword really must be magic.

All the fighting is pretty rubbish :P people keep doing slash attacks to people with full chainmail on and killing them with ease!

I know its a pre-watershed happy family show, but can't we please have some blood?! You see so many people get stabbed close up on camera and there's not a flash of red in sight, I mean a little bit on their swords after a battle would be fine! /Rant
Morgana really needs to be dead.
It's the same every episode, something good is happening. Morgana comes in and messed it up.

However, the finale was okay. We're seeing how Arthur is becoming the King and living out the legend.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ocelotrevs
Morgana really needs to be dead.
It's the same every episode, something good is happening. Morgana comes in and messed it up.

However, the finale was okay. We're seeing how Arthur is becoming the King and living out the legend.

Didn't really know what was going on in the last scene

Spoiler

Wondering if they will do the whole Arthur learning about Merlin's powers next season, feel it is long overdue
Original post by Darth Stewie

Spoiler

Wondering if they will do the whole Arthur learning about Merlin's powers next season, feel it is long overdue

Same here, it wouldn't make sense for Morgana being able to control a Dragon because it has been clearly stated, repeatedly that Merlin is the only one able to control a dragon as he is the last Dragon Lord.

I wanted to see the Dragon complete vapourize Morgana to be honest.
Same here, it wouldn't make sense for Morgana being able to control a Dragon because it has been clearly stated, repeatedly that Merlin is the only one able to control a dragon as he is the last Dragon Lord.

I wanted to see the Dragon complete vapourize Morgana to be honest.

maybe she is planning to enslave it somehow? Or since its young manipulate it into serving her, although like you said Merlin could just tell it to stop and that would be the end of that plan.

Don't get what the Dragon was doing on it's own, shouldn't the big one be looking after it? lousy parenting tbh
maybe she is planning to enslave it somehow? Or since its young manipulate it into serving her, although like you said Merlin could just tell it to stop and that would be the end of that plan.

Don't get what the Dragon was doing on it's own, shouldn't the big one be looking after it? lousy parenting tbh

Great Dragon's don't always make great guardians.
I don't see how far she would've gotten from Camelot that guards wouldn't be able to find her though.
Great Dragon's don't always make great guardians.
I don't see how far she would've gotten from Camelot that guards wouldn't be able to find her though.

suppose they were still busy fighting the remnants of Helios's army so she managed to slip away and Arthur was to busy to go after her, wondering if Agrivane was actually dead, could be an interesting plot development if he tells Morgana that Merlin is Emeres.

Was surprised when Merlin and Morgana had a fight earlier in the seasons, always assumed Merlin was considerably stronger than she was but the fight was pretty close.

Spoiler

Read this yesterday on Merlin Wikia:

In the legends, Merlin saw the red dragon kill the white dragon after a long and gory duel. The red dragon is the symbol of Camelot and the white dragon is the symbol of the Saxons.

Aithusa is the name of the small white dragon at the end of part 2. I think Morgana will "take it to the dark side".
Original post by 04ghicks
All the fighting is pretty rubbish :P people keep doing slash attacks to people with full chainmail on and killing them with ease!

I know its a pre-watershed happy family show, but can't we please have some blood?! You see so many people get stabbed close up on camera and there's not a flash of red in sight, I mean a little bit on their swords after a battle would be fine! /Rant

Agree with everything you said.
The finale was good but had some annoying flaws that made it less impressive than last series's.

I wish we had more time to explore the episodes impact (I say this about all shows) like gwaine's ordeal or tristan's next move as a likely time jump means these will probaly get forgotten.

Also, I would have liked to have had some more clarity on some aspects, like what happened to merlin's mother or morgana's fate? Not to meantion how camelot managed to guess arthurs meeting point after no organisation :confused: .

It still was a good episode, with lots of strong points but it seemed at some points to be repeating the second half of the coming of arthur. I wasn't too bothered that merlin did not reveal his magic but was suprised no-one found out, not even morgana or gwaine.

The end scene was not what I was expecting, hoping for a merlin versus morgana dragon and magic super battle in the series 5 premiere though :wink: with lots of gwaine.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1196
Why does force push seem to knock people out when it only knocks them a couple of yards back? It seems to kill some people as well.
I am suprised the BBC didn't up the budget to allow for some actual special effects like a fireball, which is the absolute standard for a magical attack.
Original post by elitepower
The finale was good but had some annoying flaws that made it less impressive than last series's.

I wish we had more time to explore the episodes impact (I say this about all shows) like gwaine's ordeal or tristan's next move as a likely time jump means these will probaly get forgotten.

Also, I would have liked to have had some more clarity on some aspects, like what happened to merlin's mother or morgana's fate? Not to meantion how camelot managed to guess arthurs meeting point after no organisation :confused: .

It still was a good episode, with lots of strong points but it seemed at some points to be repeating the second half of the coming of arthur. I wasn't too bothered that merlin did not reveal his magic but was suprised no-one found out, not even morgana or gwaine.

The end scene was not what I was expecting, hoping for a merlin versus morgana dragon and magic super battle in the series 5 premiere though :wink: with lots of gwaine.

I was under the impression that Merlin gathered them up, with the scouting help of the Dragon.
Original post by Hypocrism
I was under the impression that Merlin gathered them up, with the scouting help of the Dragon.

I thought that but first they were meeting at his village which was destroyed so they would be scattered in the forrest. Then the villagers and knights would notice merlin travelling around on a giant supposedly dead dragon.
Reply 1199
Original post by soyasauce
Gwen really annoys me :angry:

Get me :fuhrer:

Latest