The Student Room Group

Okay, uni choices!

Finally got my remarks back, so I can start making some decisions on where to apply. For my A-levels (A2) I was doing Photography, Philosophy and English Lit, with A*AB respectively, also with a B in an English Extended Project. I would like to apply to do English and maybe Philosophy, and would like your opinions on which universities to look at! The list includes..KCL, Birmingham, UCL, Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield, York, Queen Mary, Liverpool and Oxford Brookes. Out of those I've visited only 4, but obviously will visit the rest and see whether I think they're worth the risk. Basically, would you say that these would be a good set of options for the grades I received? I will be retaking the B in English; do any of those universities look down on retakes? So am I being sensible or too optimistic here?
UCL is pretty damn competetive, as far as I know. I'm not sure how they view re-takes, but seeing as it's in your chosen subject, it could be a potential problem. However, don't let that discourage you if it's where you really want to go. None of the others seem too unrealistic, as long as you choose a sensible assortment with a good fallback or two. :smile:
Cheers, I will of course email them after I've visited them, just wanted a general opinion of my chances first :smile: I thought UCL would be a problem, but we'll see how much I like the university first! Thanks for the replies :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending