The Student Room Group

Okay.... how do I fix this :(

I have a scratching noise inside my ceiling and it is moving around :frown:

I'm trying to convince myself it is just the pipes :frown:

I can't sleep because I know it isnt the pipes and I know it is a rat or something :frown:

>_>

My vivid imagination is telling me it is digging through my ceiling and when I wake up i'm going to see a rat on my chest when I wake up :frown:

Edit: Four sad faces tells you I now realise i'm slightly afraid of rats :P
Reply 1
Fall asleep listening to ipod, i do it every night.
Do you have anyone you can ask to have look up there for you? Or the listening to music suggestion if you don't. Or just move house.
My room's in the loft so I quite often hear mice rustling about the floorboards.. I can't sleep because I'm depressed lol...

Edit: 'lol'?
man up.
Reply 5
Foulish

I can't sleep because I know it isnt the pipes and I know it is a rat or something :frown:

>_>

My vivid imagination is telling me it is digging through my ceiling and when I wake up i'm going to see a rat on my chest when I wake up :frown:

Probably mice rather than rats if they're in the ceiling, and either way they'll avoid people so you have nothing to worry about. If it really bothers you, set some traps.
Reply 6
haha, it appears to have stopped now.

I think it got lost from my neighbours house.
Reply 7
you won't see a rat on your chest you will see a rat burying it's way into your chest with it's little ratty claws and teef and it will be gnawing and gnawing at you and as you wake up screaming it will fixate its black beady eyes on you and that is all you will see b4 u die omgg then you wake up and it was all a dream but you look in the mirror and you are a giant rat omgggg no wait that was all a dream too everything is cool no worries
Reply 8
beecher
you won't see a rat on your chest you will see a rat burying it's way into your chest with it's little ratty claws and teef and it will be gnawing and gnawing at you and as you wake up screaming it will fixate its black beady eyes on you and that is all you will see b4 u die omgg then you wake up and it was all a dream but you look in the mirror and you are a giant rat omgggg no wait that was all a dream too everything is cool no worries

Thanks for that... I think ^^

I do however, need that cat in your sig.
Reply 9
Appear to be dominant and hopefully that will scare them or have some respect for you. Or whack them with a broom whilst doing a war cry.
I used to have squirrels living in my loft. And they would always wake me up as our walls and ceilings are quite thin and the scratching they made was like playing them full volume out of speakers. T'was ricockulously loud.

I grew a deep hatred towards squirrels. sometimes I just felt like jumping up their with a machete and go on a killing spree. But unfortunately (Lucky for them) we didn't have a ladder to get to the loft.

Just called the pest exterminators. Turns out there was a whole in the roof where they were getting in and had set up camp up there.
Reply 11
Scratch back. That'll show the little ******s.
Reply 12
clean the smeg off ya bell they'll be after all the cheese!!! lolll
Reply 13
get a donkey up their ...that'll sort it
Reply 14
beecher

This reminded me of that bit in 1984 :frown:
Ludwig Wittgenstein
man up.

LOL.

OP, while I was reading your post, I was thinking to myself "This must be a girl". then as I looked at your profile, I saw that you are male....Common mate, they are rats.....can you get into the ceiling? If you can , go in there and kill it.......

A part of me whats to tell you to "Man up"....LOL..you will be alright....
Reply 16
int_applicant
LOL.

OP, while I was reading your post, I was thinking to myself "This must be a girl". then as I looked at your profile, I saw that you are male....Common mate, they are rats.....can you get into the ceiling? If you can , go in there and kill it.......

A part of me whats to tell you to "Man up"....LOL..you will be alright....

haha, I brought poison today so their now gonna die!!

*slinks back into my corner*
Foulish

>_>

Just go up there and pull the rat out, throw it away. Or get someone with some more guts to do it.

EDIT: It could be dangerous with the disease ridden things, call land lord to get exterminators. Sue him if he doesn't.

Latest

Trending

Trending