The Student Room Group

How to get Predicted A in Maths after year 12 summer Mocks

Okay, so I have achieved a D for my AS mathematics year 12 summer Mocks. I have no choice but to ask, if I somehow prove to my teacher I am able to achieve an A grade in year 13 within these last few weeks and after summer do you think they will predict me an A by the time October comes? If I keep coming to them with past papers and asking them to help me on the harder questions and they begin to notice my efforts as well as the good grades I get on the past papers I do at home compared to my mock they may have a change of heart? Pls tell me if u have had a similar situation and how u fixed it thank u sm
I think it's worth just going to your teacher and asking them what you can do to improve your grade. Some teachers won't change your grade from what you got at mocks as your mocks were actually in exam conditions, but some don't mind changing it based on your performance in classes. Going from a D to an A might be pushing it though, perhaps a B is more likely, but, again, it's better to directly ask your teacher, or maybe the member of staff that sends off the applications.
Reply 2
Original post by dagi1234
Okay, so I have achieved a D for my AS mathematics year 12 summer Mocks. I have no choice but to ask, if I somehow prove to my teacher I am able to achieve an A grade in year 13 within these last few weeks and after summer do you think they will predict me an A by the time October comes? If I keep coming to them with past papers and asking them to help me on the harder questions and they begin to notice my efforts as well as the good grades I get on the past papers I do at home compared to my mock they may have a change of heart? Pls tell me if u have had a similar situation and how u fixed it thank u sm

Why does it have to improve by October? You have all next term to prove you can get a grade A.

Talk to your teacher and ask to be re-tested in September.

What grades have you got during the year?
Reply 3
I also got a D in maths for AS and I’m an early applicant, I was wondering what types of things to say to the teachers without sounding insulting or pushy in asking them to increase the grade. Like will asking to resit and telling them you’ll get a tutor and work hard over summer be enough for them to say yes. I was 1% off a C so is it realistic to ask for a B?
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest