The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Oh my Ms. Coffey
But how can there be no definitive answer for what happened after the death of arguably one of the most if not the most infamous person ever.

Because the Russians didnt publicise what happened to it - they didnt want anyone to know and along with all the secrecy of the Iron Curtain, the confusion of war, the difficulty of actually identifying his remains it was just lost.

The generals and units who were tasked with finding important Germans worked under a huge amount of secrecy and with full automation to do what they pleased in their search. Along with dead germans they were also after alive germans - scientists, technicians, medical experts etc, and the projects they were working on.

What most people dont realise is that the germans conducted some brilliant science under the Nazi regime. Much of it was destroyed, but it was German scientists who headed both the American and Russian space programs, it was German scientists who developed the post war generations of fighter aircraft, their technology for submarines, and their technology for a lot of the materials which are used every day in our modern world. Its a fascinating area to read about, Hitler funded all types of projects into areas of science that the allies never looked at, and as a result came across some brilliant discoveries. Anyway, I digress.
Oh my Ms. Coffey

Why the secrecy behind Hitler and his closest Aides deaths/burial sites?

1) So people don't go to worship them at there graves as idols.
2) So people don't dig them up, rape their corpses, cut them up into little pieces and scatter them all over Europe.

Latest

Trending

Trending