The Student Room Group

Newcastle Uni vs Uni of Manchester

(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by lukequigley
Looking at Bsc maths starting 2024, predicted A*A*A, preferred accom and the vibe from Newcastle but entry is like ABB and ranks worst out of all the Russell group for maths . Manchester was good as well but how important is that ranking and overall ranking for grad prospects. Any help appreciated im stuck here haha

That sounds like a sticky one still but I think you need to go with your heart, it sounds like you have deep emotions. You should see wherever the wind takes you, float on the breeze towards your future pathway perchance. Never forget, your grades are only one ‘h’ away from ‘AAAH’ is this a secret cry for help? Anywhoozles, ignore my little tangent haha (I’m sure an Aries) My main piece of advice would be to get your palm read by a professional.

love you,
goodnight and godbless
Reply 2
Ranking is essentially a nonsense - and at this level of University you really do not need to waste brain space on it.

At postgrad level, other Unis do not actually care where you did you first degree, and neither do employers.

If the course/Uni at Newcastle feels right then go for it. That is important. Remember that anyone can be totally miserable at a Uni and hate the course just because they were blinded by marketing nonsense, and didnt look properly at the other stuff.
Looking at Bsc maths starting 2024, predicted A*A*A, preferred accom and the vibe from Newcastle but entry is like ABB and ranks worst out of all the Russell group for maths . Manchester was good as well but how important is that ranking and overall ranking for grad prospects. Any help appreciated im stuck here haha

I have once pondered that good old question ‘Margo Robbie or Emma Mackey’ ‘Hitler or Stalin’ ‘tinder or grinder’ or more relevantly ‘Newcastle or Manchester’
However warrior I must warn you that this is a dangerous path, over many moons I was kept up at night dreading my decision, having dreams about things (and people) I never thought I would 😉. Until it came to me through a palm reading professional (DefonotJohnDoc knows his ****) that the question to decide it all; does it have tree farms?

I hope this helps ❤️❤️❤️💦
(edited 6 months ago)

Why is it a straight fight between them?
Reply 5
Manchester is a lot bigger and busier than Newcastle and Newcastle is closer to the seaside and has cheaper accommodation.

Quick Reply

Latest