The Student Room Group

Entering grades in UCAS from different colleges

After getting my A level results last year, I wanted to do some re-sits. The college I was at wouldn't let me go back for a third year though, so I re-sat at a different college and increased my grade. (I also did an accelerated forth A level there). Does anyone know how I'm supposed to covey this in my UCAS application? (I have to mention that I spent the third year at a different college as I got an additional A level while I was there.)

Should I put my original grade down from the first college, then the better grade in the same subject at the second college? I don't want it to look like two separate qualifications, though.

Any help is much appreciated.
:smile:
Reply 2
Judas the Prude
After getting my A level results last year, I wanted to do some re-sits. The college I was at wouldn't let me go back for a third year though, so I re-sat at a different college and increased my grade. (I also did an accelerated forth A level there). Does anyone know how I'm supposed to covey this in my UCAS application? (I have to mention that I spent the third year at a different college as I got an additional A level while I was there.)

Should I put my original grade down from the first college, then the better grade in the same subject at the second college? I don't want it to look like two separate qualifications, though.

Yes, you need to enter BOTH qualifications, showing you did them one year apart, and then explain the situation briefly in your personal statement.
Reply 3
Judas the Prude

The UCAS instructions suggest that BA1 is correct, in that you will need to enter the A level for both colleges.

BA1
Yes, you need to enter BOTH qualifications, showing you did them one year apart, and then explain the situation briefly in your personal statement.
If you do, make sure it's in positive terms.
Alright, thank you both! I couldn't find relevant instructions on UCAS when I looked so I obviously didn't check very thoroughly.

Minerva
If you do, make sure it's in positive terms.

Do you think it matters if I don't mention it in my PS at all? I'm just slightly worried about space. I'm not sure how I'd make it sound positive, either...something like "I knew I could do better"?
Reply 5
Judas the Prude
Alright, thank you both! I couldn't find relevant instructions on UCAS when I looked so I obviously didn't check very thoroughly.

Do you think it matters if I don't mention it in my PS at all? I'm just slightly worried about space. I'm not sure how I'd make it sound positive, either...something like "I knew I could do better"?
Personally, I'd rather see you give the space to other stuff that's relevant and positive. So, no, I don't think it matters if you don't mention it.

Latest

Trending

Trending