The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Naughty
in lindsay court and had the first fire drill. it was at 5.15 this mornin so if ur thinkin of stayin up4it dont try it!ITS LOUD!!! n it was freezin outside!!

hehe. ours was at 6am in lindsay hall, taylor house. I have a bell right outside my door, at first I thought I was at school or something then i realised i was in bed
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 21
Lindsay crt one today was sooo cold!!
hehe, from now on im sleeping in clothes...which i happened to do last night as im finding this freedom thing hard not to exploit!!!!
well now the fire drill has happened....I think that the alarms are in the smoke detectors, or there is one somewhere in my room that I haven't noticed because there was one right in my ear lol.

I had no idea what the hell it was to start with...
Reply 24
rainjan_4now

girl_in_keele, i hope you're not talking about the launderette in lindsay....pleeeeeeeeeeease no!!!

Yes I am. Just be careful out there! lol :tongue:
Reply 25
Aw wow, you all had your fire alarms?!

Cool, its horrible cos its soooo cold lol, someone broke into our halls last year an set of our firealarm in P and O block Lindsay and it was 3am.

we weren't happy bunnies.

And the firemen weren't even fit lol. gutted.
lol poor you! 6 am was bad enough.,...

I need to head over and do some washing soonish...
Arrghh, that fire drill. I was all like "who, what, where!?" when it woke me up, and I rather stupidly decided to come down to the courtyard half naked. Did they have to do it so freakin early? Grr... I blame that for makin me late this morning.
Reply 28
yeah the alarms are stupidly loud. The ringing carries on in your ears for ages afterwards too. not good.
Woo! I've finally got the internet (thanks chris lol)!

It's all goooooooooooood!!!
Good to hear! lol. I think there are a lot of people who haven't got round to the internet yet....seems to be very complicated to set up on some peoples computers due to different settings with firewalls etc
Yeah, I know (errr... kind of) lol. I didn't know what the hell Chris was doing but it worked lol.
Verdict on my first trip to the laudretter: was ok, but unless you want to sit in there for god knows how long, only put 2 20p's in the dryer!!!
OMG! You've been to the laundrette already?! How did you find it?! Where is it?!?!
x-Jo-x
OMG! You've been to the laundrette already?! How did you find it?! Where is it?!?!

The one in lindsay. It was an experience i'll give you that!!!

There's about 8 dryers and 6-8 washers. 4 CHAIRS TO SIT ON!!! Luckily i had a chair, but i had to wait ages, as the dryer and washer added up to about an hour and 15 mins- not that long maybe, but try sitting in a launderette for that long.
Reply 35
you could bring some reading down to the laundrette or make a note of the time and go back to your room, chill out with a cup of tea and then go back down with enough time so that someone doesn't already move your washing.
Wow, I did my laundry for the first time today too. Went at about 7ish... Took ages! I was expectin it to be harder, for some weird reason... And I ran out of 20ps for the dryer... I think that's gonna get really annoying, especially if you use your Keele Card a lot.
I may have to venture over there sometime...fortunately the laundrette is just up the road...one of the advantages of living in Lindsay!

Apart from the view of course
Reply 38
x-Jo-x
Yeah, I know (errr... kind of) lol. I didn't know what the hell Chris was doing but it worked lol.

I was pressing buttons and using magical spells of course! we just saw jo from s club! i think u make a better jo tho hahah
Yesterday was fun fun funnnnnnnnnn!!!

I wouldn't even have gone if my housemates didn't make me....something which i now regret, as yesterday was fun fun funnnnnnnnn!!

Dancing to "ghostbusters" and "mmmbop" wouldnt seem so fun if you weren't there though, lol!! :smile:

Latest