The Student Room Group

Was Jesus gay?

Just thought i'd throw this out there.

Think about it, he's a man, presumably not bad looking. He has 12 REALLY close friends....all male. Despite his teachings for love and equality none of his closest people are female. He is supposedly fully human and fully god, meaning he ought to have desires and sex (not something prohibited by 'god' whilst in wedlock) yet he never marries or goes with any female. I mean...if you think about it we never hear of any true personal relationships jesus had with anyone. Other than his 12 male disciples. Considering that in olden days homosexuality was promoted for closeness cmaraderie and etc, is there no possibility that he was gay?

Y'all can hate on me for bringing it up (and yes i know it's been done before)....but unless anyone has any proof that he was not gay...well....just saying... something to think about, since afaik anti-gay stuff is old testament only.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
He was always going on about loving the Lord with all the power, seemed a bit of a submissive queer to me :holmes:

Lol at 'disciples' - obvs fags. He looks like a big gay bear with the beard and everything.
lovely_me
He was always going on about loving the Lord with all the power, seemed a bit of a submissive queer to me :holmes:

Lol at 'disciples' - obvs fags. He looks like a big gay bear with the beard and everything.

That's what I'm sayin man....
Reply 3
tl;dr.

:iiam:, iirc.
lovely_me

:lol:

OP, he obviously wasn't gay, he had a baby with Mary Magdelin. Derren Brown said so. :awesome:
Reply 5
...He wasn't gay!!!!!!!11 ffs, GOD HATES GAYS (NOT AS MUCH AS JEWS).
Reply 7
Gays tend to hang around with women just as much, if not more, than straight men.
Reply 8
Ill give you a completely different answer. Jesus was not the son of God, he is another folklore tall tale that through the years became a book that everyone came to believe, through persuasion of the church as a means to control the mass.
'Jesus' can also be called a number of names, for example the God Osiris of Egypt, who was also the God of the Sun, had 12 apostles and was born on the 25th of December. This is just one of the many names that creep up in history all with the same background history as Jesus.
Watch a documentary, read some history.
Thanks
i dont think he was gay, but he defo liked prostitutes (mary magadalene). i think he was probably one of those guys that every girl knows, REALLY feminine but is scarily pervy when it comes to girls. actually those guys are probably closeted gays and he may have been too.. hm.
Reply 10
Sweet_Comrade
:lol:

OP, he obviously wasn't gay, he had a baby with Mary Magdelin. Derren Brown said so. :awesome:

I hope this is sarcasm

Oh and:
Oh C'mon.
HDS
That's what I'm sayin man....

Exactly my son, what kind of straight dude wears salmon pink with blue?

Reply 13
HDS
Just thought i'd throw this out there.

Think about it, he's a man, presumably not bad looking. He has 12 REALLY close friends....all male. Despite his teachings for love and equality none of his closest people are female. He is supposedly fully human and fully god, meaning he ought to have desires and sex (not something prohibited by 'god' whilst in wedlock) yet he never marries or goes with any female. I mean...if you think about it we never hear of any true personal relationships jesus had with anyone. Other than his 12 male disciples. Considering that in olden days homosexuality was promoted for closeness cmaraderie and etc, is there no possibility that he was gay?

Y'all can hate on me for bringing it up (and yes i know it's been done before)....but unless anyone has any proof that he was not gay...well....just saying... something to think about, since afaik anti-gay stuff is old testament only.

How do you exactly prove someone is not gay?

Besides, there is a fair amount of evidence that Jesus had a mistress, but to be honest it's a pointless discussion :P Almost all Christians will deny that claim without looking at the evidence, because it goes against 2000 years of their teachings; and plenty of people will agree without evidence just because they want to oppose Christianity.
Like asking whether Julius Caesar was gay: firstly we can never know for sure, and secondly it really doesn't matter.
Reply 14
:rofl:
No he wasn't gay. He didn't hang around with women because it was considered shameful to constantly hang around with women your not married to. There was no pre-marital sex (with Jesus anyway). He was a prophet and espoused the creeds of prophets before him i.e. no pre-marital sex, adultery or homosexuality.

p.s. Jesus was not the son of God or God he was a prophet, a mortal messanger and warner.
This just reminds me why I love TSR.
Firaila
I hope this is sarcasm

Oh and:

Yes it was. :lolwut:
he wasn't anything he didn't and does not exist
Reply 19
Sweet_Comrade
Yes it was. :lolwut:

Good :smile:

Latest

Trending