The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Because their attention is limited imo. They look at things from one viewpoint only, the viewpoint of religion.
(edited 13 years ago)
I have found the opposite tbf.

I found the people that try and "enjoy" life etc.. to be the boring ones and the insecure ones.
true said! Its probably cos anything thats funny or fun (like, pre-marital sex, drugs and partying) is "taboo" in religion.
I have a passion for lots of things. :plz2:
Reply 5
ShinyLittleTit&#8482
I have found the opposite tbf.

I found the people that try and "enjoy" life etc.. to be the boring ones and the insecure ones.

:lolwut:
(edited 13 years ago)
Wow...no one has ever told me I'm dull/boring before...

You've clearly not met even a significant portion of religious people, so I'd advise you stop making silly generalisations and did something worthwhile instead. :tongue:
Reply 7
Ignorance.
Why are atheists arrogant, cynical and angry??

If we're going to generalise, that is. I don't know any atheists like that other than on the internet. :lol: The most religious person I know is also probably one of the most fun, more fun than half the people I know who aren't religious anyway. And he's passionate about things other than religion, seeing as we always get into long debates about various different things. Mostly music. Oh, but according to you he can't be interested in anything other than God, can he? Silly me.
(edited 13 years ago)
your arrogant. Atheist people are dull to. Tell that to Francis Collins who is religious and is head of the human genome project.

I am an agnostic by the way.
Reply 10
This is completely untrue. In fact, everybody I know who goes to church are horny little drunks :erm:
Reply 11
Not true really, you are generalising again :colonhash:
Reply 12
Bit of a generalisation, isn't it? One of the friends is a minister's daughter, and she's not dull. Most people don't even realise she's religious until it comes up in conversation.
Reply 13
Mike Tyson :rofl: He is the antithesis of dull!
kim.gordon
I've noticed this quite a lot.

People who attend church and have a real understanding and passion for their religion. They're boring to talk to and have no real passion for anything apart from their god damn ****** religion. They are tedious and not at all interesting.

Why is this?

What part of the bible and the quran says 'be a boring bellend'?

I'm confused.

:yep:
I have a passion for sex, i got like 25 boners in class today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyFX1gt0GYE
kim.gordon

People who attend church and have a real understanding and passion for their religion. They're boring to talk to and have no real passion for anything apart from their god damn ****** religion. They are tedious and not at all interesting.

Why is this?

I'm confused.

Why are non-religious people arrogant and offensive? Why are the English obsessed with tea? Why are Oxbridge students upper class toffs? I could come up with ******, innaccurate generalisations for random groups all day long. Generalisation is bad, dontcha know. I mean sure, I've met dull religious people. I've also met fun, outgoing, and genuinely brilliant to be around religious people. Ditto for non-religious people.
(edited 13 years ago)
kim.gordon

Why is this?

I'm confused.

U drank too much.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 18
ripellino
I can think of loads of religious people who are not dull:

Mark Kermode

James May

Jocelyn Bell Burnell

Brother Guy J. Consolmagno

Jerry Sadowitz

Mohammed Ali

Bob Dylan

Alan Moore

Ronnie O'Sullivan

thats just the few people I can think of off the top of my head who believe in God and practice some sort of religion.

They are all exceptions, the majority of real christians you meet walking down the street have that awful fake faux happiness and are so tedious :frown: why?
Maybe it's because the people you're thinking of a "religious" are only the ones that bang on about church all the time, whilst the "fun" ones have other hobbies to talk about so you don't initially realise that they are religious?
I've met plenty of fun people who believe in God, and a fair few boring atheists as well

Latest

Trending

Trending