The Student Room Group

Parents won't let bf stay the night

I'm 19 at uni and my parents like my boyfriend. They let me sleep at his uni and him sleep at my uni, I'm coming home for the weekend and so is he so I asked if he could stay one of the nights but they won't let him.
I understand its there home but I'm struggling to understand the logic and genuinely just want another perspective to understand where they're coming from.
ask them why
A lot of parents don't like the idea of their kid getting banged in the next room frankly. What goes on at your uni accom is different,

Some parents also culturally/religiously feel it's shameful for them to permit unmarried sex in their house etc.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 19 at uni and my parents like my boyfriend. They let me sleep at his uni and him sleep at my uni, I'm coming home for the weekend and so is he so I asked if he could stay one of the nights but they won't let him.
I understand its there home but I'm struggling to understand the logic and genuinely just want another perspective to understand where they're coming from.

Your parents probably don’t want you to be smashed in the room next to them. It can be horrible to hear your daughter moaning loudly,
Do your parents have a history of discouraging relatives and friends from staying overnight at their home? :confused:

A lot of people prefer not to have anyone outside of their household staying over at night.
Many parents don't want to risk hearing or seeing their teen and adult children indulging in intimate sexual activity within their premises, whether dating or married.
There are also some religious and cultural traditionalist who believe that unmarried people having sex risks creating bad karma that will haunt the property for many months/years/decades.

idk ask them why.
The only reason i can think og is that they dont want to hear u moaning.
Reply 6
Parents don’t want to think about their kids being sexual and this brings it a bit too close to home. It’s not particularly logical but for some parents it’s a fact. You could try and rationalise it with them
Original post by Zarek
You could try and rationalise it with them

Kind of curious how you would go about that? Will it involve puppets?

Attachment not found
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by fatimak0046
ask them why

Do you know whether in Muslim households lads are allowed to sleep over on their daughter’s room?
Original post by Wired_1800
Do you know whether in Muslim households lads are allowed to sleep over on their daughter’s room?

unless they're married no...
unless they're married no...

Ok, thanks
Original post by Wired_1800
Ok, thanks

anytime

btw some families r less religious then others but i still dont think any wud let
(edited 5 months ago)
anytime

btw some families r less religious then others but i still dont think any wud let

I know that conservative Muslims and Jews wont allow their daughters to be in the same room as a lad overnight
Reply 13
can i join?
Reply 14

It's a bit like you knowing your parents have sex but not wanting to think about it.
Reply 15
There are quite a few parents, religious and otherwise, that don’t relish their teenage offspring, daughters or sons, getting up to shenanigans under the parental roof

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending