The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Don't do 6. Unnecessary. Just get 5 A band 1s like me and you'll be on your way in life.
Reply 2
davidmarsh01
Don't do 6. Unnecessary. Just get 5 A band 1s like me and you'll be on your way in life.

This.

And as for classical studies, is that not quite a niche subject? Do it if it's what you would prefer, but I would say at least Mods is more relevant to more courses/jobs.
Reply 3
davidmarsh01

This. I'd say Classics because it's a bit less common than Modern.
Thanks, but i have to do 6 highers; the school and my parents are making me.

And im sure i can cope :smile:
Reply 5
"making me"

I LOL whenever I read this. If you want to do 6, knock yourself out but if you don't grow a pair and don't be treated like a doormat.
Reply 6
how can they make you? Doing 6 highers in a year, is in my opinion unnecessary, since most universities require 4 or 5.
Doing 6 where you can is fine. Of course I would say that, as I'm doing 6, but I do believe it. Obviously you're better with AAAAA than like AAAABC or something like that, but if you can manage 6 there's no reason why not to.
Thanks ^^ :smile:

And higher latin; aren't we cool souls :biggrin:
Reply 9
tryingtolearn94

You say you can cope now, while you are doing standard grades, just wait until you get to higher. Trust me, you'll eat your words. Oh and also, mods is the best subject ever. Don't diss.
Alt__x
You say you can cope now, while you are doing standard grades, just wait until you get to higher. Trust me, you'll eat your words. Oh and also, mods is the best subject ever. Don't diss.

Depends on the subject. It's true that most people couldn't cope with doing English, Maths, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and History, for example, but if the 6th is reasonably easy then why not? I did Higher Music as an extra subject last year, barely lifted a finger until March and got an A Band 1. I'm doing Latin this year and coping fine.
Two subjects battling it out in a grueling FIGHT TO THE DEATH

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE
Reply 12
tryingtolearn94

I dare you to do 8

kidding

But 6 is a wee bit much, why not just 5 lol :/

Latest

Trending

Trending