The Student Room Group

changing courses at UCL

Hi, I'm about to start the BA Classics course at UCL, however duringmy gap year I've realised i dont want to study classics anymore, and would rather study something where i can learn a modern language.

I want to transfer courses to European Social and Political Studies (ESPS), which is apparently a difficult course to get into at UCL, however i have higher than the required grades and have done humanities and social science A Levels as they prefer.

Does anyone know how i go about changing courses, and what my chances would be of getting onto to ESPS course?

Thank you
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by sophiejw12
Hi, I'm about to start the BA Classics course at UCL, however duringmy gap year I've realised i dont want to study classics anymore, and would rather study something where i can learn a modern language.

I want to transfer courses to European Social and Political Studies (ESPS), which is apparently a difficult course to get into at UCL, however i have higher than the required grades and have done humanities and social science A Levels as they prefer.

Does anyone know how i go about changing courses, and what my chances would be of getting onto to ESPS course?

Thank you

You need to call or email UCL's admissions department. They are the only ones who will be able to advise.
Reply 2
Original post by sophiejw12

Thank you

Hi,

To be honest - I think it will be very difficult to get onto ESPS which is often one of the most difficult courses to get onto at UCL. Having higher grades may not help you either as most applicants have higher than A*AA and take the thinking skills assessment (usually January-March) in order to decide who gets a place. It is worth contacting them. Some of the other courses such as an Italian/Russian/ML BA will be easier to get on so maybe worth trying them if ur very keen on a language. If you are very set on doing ESPS I would advise a gap year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending