The Student Room Group

Primary Early Years Education 2011 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Yes! First and only offer from Oxford Brookes, yay :smile: x
Original post by kieran101
well thats very precise :tongue: and yeah i will be i live around 150 miles away lol and im not sure which halls i want, i wouldnt mind catered but the self-catered generally seem a lot nicer lol

Haha I had to work it out on the internet, to see if they would give accomodation or not :biggrin: I was thinking of the catered, because I think it would work out cheaper, but I'm very very picky about my food! I think all the halls look really nice and the campus is amazing, it's the nicest university campus I've ever been to anyway!
(edited 13 years ago)
Just got rejected from YSJ :biggrin: I can choose a firm and insurance now!
Original post by Hannah124

Every cloud has a silver lining, i withdrew from derby so I could firm an offer....its a great feeling enjoy and well done :-) x
Haha I had to work it out on the internet, to see if they would give accomodation or not :biggrin: I was thinking of the catered, because I think it would work out cheaper, but I'm very very picky about my food! I think all the halls look really nice and the campus is amazing, it's the nicest university campus I've ever been to anyway!

haha that does explain it then :tongue: yeah i was looking at the money aspect, you would probably be find though seen as it goes on a card anyway so you can be picky still with your food lol and yeah it really does look good I loved it when i first saw it
Reply 1385
Another week has gone by and I have still not heard anything!

I am waiting to hear from Anglia Ruskin University ARU, I have applied for:
Initial Primary
Primary with MFL
Primary Early Years

The wait is driving me crazy I had my interview on November 17th

Has anybody had any primary offers from them?
Original post by eleanor12
its just a fill in the box thing, but takes forever to fill out, as it asks about any medical problems you've ever had, when you last went to the doctors and other stuff! i filled in stuff about problems with my back that ive had in the past and stuff, and i still got an offer, so i dont think its what they make their decision on.. x

haha just realised i didnt ask you what questionz they asked...oh and how long did the whole thing take?
x
hello!
I got my offer from YSJ on tuesday (240 points!) for the 5-11 course.
I've firmed on UCAS, just wondering if anyone else is planning on attending?
Original post by help12

Initial Primary
Primary with MFL
Primary Early Years

Nope, I emailed last week to find out what was happening, got an automated reply saying they'll be in touch. I withdrew today, have other offers from unis that bother to reply to emails and give me offers! x
Original post by pinky_pwincess
haha just realised i didnt ask you what questionz they asked...oh and how long did the whole thing take?
x

Whole thing was done by 12.30 ish if I remember correctly :smile: but could be longer/shorter depending on when your individual interview is/how fast you do the other tests. Questions, all the general ones - why do you want to be a teacher, experience, other experience with children, what do you think uni will be like/how is it different from what you do now, any questions you have, challenging parts of being a teacher, skills you have, think that was it! I firmed them today after going to the open day again :smile: good luck! x
Got fed up with waiting on Anglia Ruskin, and withdrew today. Have gone for Wolverhampton as firm :smile: and then Plymouth as insurance, but that was pointless cos they have higher entry requirements anyway. And I love Wolves so much now that I wouldnt want to go anywhere else!
Reply 1391
Original post by electric-bloom
hello!
I got my offer from YSJ on tuesday (240 points!) for the 5-11 course.
I've firmed on UCAS, just wondering if anyone else is planning on attending?

Hey!
I got an offer for YSJ on 25th February, also for 5-11. At the moment, it looks like I'll be going there, still waiting to hear back from Durham to make my final decision though. :smile:
Original post by katherineturner229
Every cloud has a silver lining, i withdrew from derby so I could firm an offer....its a great feeling enjoy and well done :-) x

I'm so happy, I've wanted them to reject me for so long! I had no intention of going there. Where's your firm and insurance at? :smile: x
Reply 1393
Nope, I still haven't heard from them, it's annoyed me that they've lied to me. I'll be so annoyed if I get a rejection now :frown: Well it's results tomorrow, I think I've messed up big time, I need a low offer as my firm which will be Edge Hill/UWE, I think I'll withdraw from York on Friday if I haven't heard from them, I just want to accept/reject offers now. I just want UCAS out the way :P

It will be interesting to see what UWE say when they email you back, it's so weird that you've not heard from them. xxx

Heard from YSJ? UWE haven't replied to my email, although they do say they will reply within 7 days, so I guess I have a few days left! I can't believe YSJ lied, they could have at least said they don't know yet when they will be giving out offers. Has anyone else heard from them? I'm really tempted to withdraw from UWE... xxx
Reply 1394

Sorry I just saw this! Glad they FINALLY got back to you, and at least we were just waiting for a reply and you didn't want to go there :smile: Hope you're not too down about it, they're missing out! Now we're just waiting for UWE! Can't believe what they are doing either! What are you going to put as your firm and insurance? :biggrin: xxx
Original post by im1190
Sorry I just saw this! Glad they FINALLY got back to you, and at least we were just waiting for a reply and you didn't want to go there :smile: Hope you're not too down about it, they're missing out! Now we're just waiting for UWE! Can't believe what they are doing either! What are you going to put as your firm and insurance? :biggrin: xxx

Yeah finally lol, I was a bit miffed that it was a rejection after all of this time! But then again I'm happy because I've heard from all of them and can choose a firm and insurance now. I'm thinking either Edge Hill as firm, with UWE as insurance or MMU as firm with Edge Hill as insurance. :smile:

It's so strange that you've not heard from UWE, I don't know anyody else that hasn't heard from them :/ If you know that you're not going there then you could just wtihdraw. I wish I'd withdrawn from york now, I should have beat them to it! :tongue:
Just started doing my student finance application, and on my course choices came up two choices from MMU, one for the Didsbury Campus and one for the Cheshire Campus. I've only applied to the Didsbury Campus :s-smilie: Do they give you an offer at both campuses or something?
Reply 1397
Original post by clo-jo
Yay! Offer from Northumbria :smile:, they must have sensed I needed cheering up after results day! I hope everyone else has heard back as well!

ooh well done :smile: .. what is the offer, like point wise? :smile: .. how was your interview? what questions and things did you have for your presentation thing? :smile:
Original post by help12

Original post by help12

Initial Primary
Primary with MFL
Primary Early Years

I think we've spoken before but yes I have had an offer and received feedback from the interview / groupwork/english and maths tests , completed all the forms, accepted on UCAS etc etc. I did contact them in February to follow up the interview and was told that I might not hear anything till April which was a concern to me as one of my previous offers had had a time frame condition attached, whereby I had to let them know whether I was going to accept the place within 2 weeks. I don't know whether that made the decision making re. my application any quicker with Anglia... I didn't get the feeling that it would. I was told that I wouldn't hear until all the interviews had been completed so perhaps because you've applied for more thna one programme ( i only applied to 1) you are having to wait that bit longer? It might be worth you ringing them to see if they can give you an update. They were fine with me when I did. Best of luck.
really really really want to hear back from Durham please!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest