The Student Room Group

Primary Early Years Education 2011 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Original post by Lazylisa
I think I'll have regrets either way :frown: If I stay at York I'll regret Leeds when it comes to placements and night life. If I go to Leeds I'll regret it when it comes to the 3rd year and I just want it to be my last and to get my own permanent career :frown: I wish someone would decide for us!!! xx

I think i have persuaded myself to go to leeds now, but have these nagging thoughts in the back of my mind that york will be more exciting. I think i would get really bored of leeds after 4 years but ill get more experience and will hopefully be a little less hard work. I'v told myself im going to make my mind up and just do it tomorrow but i'll probably back out hah. xx
Original post by Brittt
I think i have persuaded myself to go to leeds now, but have these nagging thoughts in the back of my mind that york will be more exciting. I think i would get really bored of leeds after 4 years but ill get more experience and will hopefully be a little less hard work. I'v told myself im going to make my mind up and just do it tomorrow but i'll probably back out hah. xx

Haha well I have until the end of the week as I haven't actually got an offer from York yet! :rolleyes: maybe they'll make it all the more easier for me and reject me!! xx
Reply 1782
Haha well I have until the end of the week as I haven't actually got an offer from York yet! :rolleyes: maybe they'll make it all the more easier for me and reject me!! xx

oh well fingers crossed it's good news!. but i know what you mean would be so much easier if you had less choice lol xx
Reply 1783
Original post by brucie92
Hey what was the gloucestershire interview like? i have mine in just over 2 weeks

thanksss x

You should prepare for this interview, do some revision on ks3 maths and also look through the spellings website they give you.

Also make sure the item you take is something you are comfortable to talk about, and make sure when you talk about it you cover the three question criteria that are asked of you.

Just be yourself and make sure you get plenty of sleep the night before, as its a long day once it all gets started.

Hope this is okay? Just message me again if you want to know more :smile: good luck xx
Reply 1784
Original post by dannimcq
Thank you very much! I had the interview yesterday and yeah it was exactly like that! It went pretty well I think.. Fingers crossed I get a place! Thanks for all the advice. :biggrin:
x

Your welcome :smile: glad i could help!!!!xx
Reply 1785
is uwe bristol a multicultural place?
Reply 1786
Anyone firmed Sheffield Hallam Early Years?x
Reply 1787
Original post by trosgal
Anyone firmed Sheffield Hallam Early Years?x

Hiya, Yep i've firmed early years at Sheffield Hallam. Really glad all interviews are over and places have been firmed just got to wait until september to start now!! x
Reply 1788
Original post by jldicks1
Your welcome :smile: glad i could help!!!!xx

Hey did you firm gloucestershire? x
Reply 1789
Original post by Natleexx
Hiya, Yep i've firmed early years at Sheffield Hallam. Really glad all interviews are over and places have been firmed just got to wait until september to start now!! x

Yeah, that's the bit that's getting me-the waiting :s-smilie: Oh well, least we're in May now!!Are you getting nervous? I suppose I am but that's coz I'm an oldie lol!Well see you in September x
Reply 1790
Original post by trosgal
Yeah, that's the bit that's getting me-the waiting :s-smilie: Oh well, least we're in May now!!Are you getting nervous? I suppose I am but that's coz I'm an oldie lol!Well see you in September x

Ha i know i'm 23 so classed as a mature student to!lol Yep i am getting nervous but good nervous just want september to come and get cracking on the course! The waiting is rubbish, although i received a letter to complete a crb online today so least the ball is rolling! Yep no doubt i will see you september! x
Reply 1791
Original post by Uni2010!
Hey did you firm gloucestershire? x

Yeah i did, why? Did you? xx
Reply 1792
Original post by jldicks1
Yeah i did, why? Did you? xx

Yeahhh, have you joined the fb group? x
Got rejection from York, BUT

Just firmed Leeds Trinity for 3- 7 :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by charlieandlola.
My lord they're keeping you waiting forever!! That's ridiculous..!xxx

Heard TODAY the day before the deadline with a fat rejection!! :frown:
Gutted in an understatement...

Looks like I'll be drinking all weekend! (and not the Robinsons) "/ hahaha x

Just firmed Leeds Trinity for 3- 7 :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

:frown: I think they're just a bit fussy at York, We're just too cool for them! :cool:

You liked Leeds Trinty too and couldn't decide between York and Leeds, but at least your decision has been made easier! Enjoy Leeds Trinity :smile: Are you having an insurance choice? :smile:

xxx
Original post by Hannah124
:frown: I think they're just a bit fussy at York, We're just too cool for them! :cool:

You liked Leeds Trinty too and couldn't decide between York and Leeds, but at least your decision has been made easier! Enjoy Leeds Trinity :smile: Are you having an insurance choice? :smile:

xxx

Haha we are, it's their loss! :tongue:

I've put Sunderland as my insurance which is general primary teaching. They both want 280 points but Leeds specifically want 80 points from my BTECH which is a distinction, whereas Sunderland just want 280 overall so if I fluff up my nationals I can still go to Sunderland :biggrin: Hopefully it won't come to that though!

Yeah I think I'll enjoy Leeds more than York, the city just didn't click for me I didn't like how most transport was by foot and all the roads were packed with traffic! :s-smilie:

xx
Reply 1797

aww sorry to hear about york!, there loss! I firmed leeds trinity as well, so will hopefully see you in september :smile: will you be staying in halls? x
Original post by Brittt
aww sorry to hear about york!, there loss! I firmed leeds trinity as well, so will hopefully see you in september :smile: will you be staying in halls? x

WOO Leeds buddy! :wink: haha yeah I'm from Newcastle so I'll definitely be in halls :smile: I haven't decided which accommodation I'm going to go for though, have you?! xx
Reply 1799
Original post by Uni2010!
Yeahhh, have you joined the fb group? x

Yes i did :smile: obviously you have then... what's your name?x

Quick Reply

Latest