The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Law123mus
Just watched Jamie oliver on tv and I noticed he uses alot of olive oil in his food. It's funny because he'll say you only need 2 or 3 spoons but when he is pouring it looks like he's pouring about half the bottle. Obviously olive oil is very good for you but it's also very high on calories, I wonder how he stays slim(ish).:p:

And too much emphasis on the letter; 'S'.
Law123mus
Just watched Jamie oliver on tv and I noticed he uses alot of olive oil in his food. It's funny because he'll say you only need 2 or 3 spoons but when he is pouring it looks like he's pouring about half the bottle. Obviously olive oil is very good for you but it's also very high on calories, I wonder how he stays slim(ish).:p:

Because (apart from maybe a bit more oil) he makes nutritionally balanced meals and doesn't eat **** inbetween.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
He does like his olive oil.. it becomes comical after a while when you seeing him finish everything with a 'drizzle of olive oil'.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
You can't spell Jamie Oliver without olive oil
Reply 5
Proper chefs go **** the calories and use as much oil as they need to.
I'd rather have the taste and work a little harder in the gym, stick to tradition, which is generally high fat than all this new age touchy feely "weightwatchers" rubbish,
Reply 6
haha yeah, me and my mum have a running joke about this. Every programme he does, he just puts so much olive oil in everything!
Olive oil on pasta :sogood:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
He also uses far too much chilli. If you buy any of his cooking sauces they all have chilli in! Even his pesto has chilli.
nepotic bastard...
Jamie Oliver uses olive oil like [x] uses [y]

Someone find a suitable [x] and [y]

I can't think of anything good... :p:
(edited 13 years ago)
So true :lol:
I love olive oil, I cook with it all the time :biggrin:
I also have olive oil spread, tastes so much nicer than the rubbish sunflower axle grease around :smile:
I don't like Jamie all that much though, I prefer Hugh :smile:
I do too :frown:..it makes pasta taste sooo much nicer :biggrin:
Reply 14
it's tasty :biggrin:
Reply 15
I ******* LOVE olive oil! Chilli infused olive oil on errvraythang
Law123mus

I was thinking exactly the same thing while watching his 30 min dinner programme! I thought 'there's no way that's 3 tablespoons!' At least it was extra virgin olive oil.

And another thing, there is no way in hell I'd be able to make one of his 3 course meals in 30 mins! Firstly, it would cost too much money for all the ingredients. Secondly, I'd be having to look at the recipe every 5 seconds-he doesn't need to because he knows how to make stuff off the top of his head. And thirdly, I can't chop that fast, and of course something would go wrong and **** up the whole meal!:biggrin: :woo:
You've just noticed?

He's not slim. He is a fat bastard.

Chefs use ********* of olive oil and butter on most dish, it's disgusting, it make me want to boak.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 18
NubbliNubbleton
I was thinking exactly the same thing while watching his 30 min dinner programme! I thought 'there's no way that's 3 tablespoons!' At least it was extra virgin olive oil.

And another thing, there is no way in hell I'd be able to make one of his 3 course meals in 30 mins! Firstly, it would cost too much money for all the ingredients. Secondly, I'd be having to look at the recipe every 5 seconds-he doesn't need to because he knows how to make stuff off the top of his head. And thirdly, I can't chop that fast, and of course something would go wrong and **** up the whole meal!:biggrin: :woo:

Lol exactly! I couldn't make that stuff in 30 min and i would consider myself a decent cook! Thats not taking into account how much that meal costs, have you seen the price of good quality tomatoes!
Reply 19
He uses shedloads of salt too.

I like a lot of olive oil in my food. I went through a phase of swallowing a desert-spoonful a day.

Latest