The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I love that film! :biggrin:

But hey. Who wants to shag Tony Blair? :eek: :wink: :biggrin:
Reply 21
I don't have to do Tort this year. Doing BA Law with French is fun!
Reply 22
TheVlad
I don't have to do Tort this year. Doing BA Law with French is fun!

Yeah but if you want to practice law at the end of it all you're gonna have to do it at some stage...
I now like tort slightly more as i got a decent mark in my mock exams ! yay! Oh, and also I dont have to study it again for over two years! *does crazy happy dance*
Reply 23
We don't do tort in first year. At the moment we're doing Public, Criminal I, English Legal System and Contract I.
Tort is ok.

Trusts and Equity - now that is compelling stuff.
Tort, constitutional and contract are my fave
red_roadkill
We don't do tort in first year. At the moment we're doing Public, Criminal I, English Legal System and Contract I.

Ditto but we are going Property I instead of Contract.
Reply 27
Law & State/Constitutional Law both reek of A-Level Government & Politics.

My residual Criminal, Tort, Contract and Property modules, however, look to be stimulating: the former lends a dimension of human interest; the latter relates fundamentally to Tort and Contract, anyway, and so should prove likewise compelling.
I don't do Tort...

Land Law rocks tho :biggrin:

Constitutional Law needs to be shoved down the proverbial toilet
ClosetGinger
I don't do Tort...

Land Law rocks tho :biggrin:

Constitutional Law needs to be shoved down the proverbial toilet

I agree with your comment about constitutional law.ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *tears hair out* is my opinion.

It's so......ugh.

I'm doing property at the moment which I'm enjoying...and it has a little bit of land in it too.
Reply 30
I'm glad we've established that tort does indeed rock.

Contract on the other hand...

Eurgghhh.

Cxx
Reply 31
ciara
I'm glad we've established that tort does indeed rock.

Contract on the other hand...

Eurgghhh.

Cxx

:eek: How can you not like contract?! It's so 'real' :eek:
Reply 32
Lauren18
:eek: How can you not like contract?! It's so 'real' :eek:

Probably just because I'm finding the lectures really tedious due to our lecturer being the most dull speaker ever.

Also, because it's the subject I've done the least reading for so far, so even if it was a great subject, I wouldn't know that yet. To me it just seems eugggh at the moment.

Cxx
Reply 33
ciara
Probably just because I'm finding the lectures really tedious due to our lecturer being the most dull speaker ever.

Also, because it's the subject I've done the least reading for so far, so even if it was a great subject, I wouldn't know that yet. To me it just seems eugggh at the moment.

Cxx

If you like Tort, Contract is a synch; and, believe me, the lecturers's style in no way reflects its substance: I've done ~150 pages of reading on Tort/Contract, and even I found his exposition stultifying.
I love Tort, it does indeed rock. I'm also quite enjoying Constitutional...but Contract isn't a particular favourite...and as for "European Integration"...*shakes head*
Reply 35
I just thought I'd say that today I've read around 150 pages of contract stuff. It took me hours and hours. I still hate it.

This is mainly because I'm not understanding it very well, which is weird because it's the only subject I've found any problems with so far. I really don't want to hate it. Noooo somebody stop me!

What I need is a nice [attractive male] contract tutor to force me to understand. The attractive maleness is necessary as it is a major incentive to get some brains and look all intelligent.

Oh, and I still blame the useless lecturer.

Cxx
Reply 36
ciara
I just thought I'd say that today I've read around 150 pages of contract stuff. It took me hours and hours. I still hate it.

This is mainly because I'm not understanding it very well, which is weird because it's the only subject I've found any problems with so far. I really don't want to hate it. Noooo somebody stop me!

What I need is a nice [attractive male] contract tutor to force me to understand. The attractive maleness is necessary as it is a major incentive to get some brains and look all intelligent.

Oh, and I still blame the useless lecturer.

Cxx

You'd damned well better not overtake me. :wink:
I'm currently doing Contract and Introduction to Law and Legal Systems. Next semester - Property Law and Tort (I already know Tort rocks because I did it for A level).

Contract is nowhere near as bad as I thought, but I'm lucky to have fairly entertaining lecturers.

However, my friends doing straight LLBs all say Public Law is duller than dull.

Latest

Trending

Trending