The Student Room Group

Failed a core law module during second year, help.

I am not the most intelligent by any means, I am below average when I try, and when I give it my all I am slightly above or below average.

I recently failed a Tort Law module for my second year of my Law with Criminology LLB, and I feel lost, I am aware that I have to resit, but I still feel like an utter failure and am now extremely anxious about the resit and how it will affect my qualification as a whole, as I had planned on doing a masters at a slightly better university after I complete this degree.

Any advice is hugely appreciated
Original post by confusedjpeg
I am not the most intelligent by any means, I am below average when I try, and when I give it my all I am slightly above or below average.

I recently failed a Tort Law module for my second year of my Law with Criminology LLB, and I feel lost, I am aware that I have to resit, but I still feel like an utter failure and am now extremely anxious about the resit and how it will affect my qualification as a whole, as I had planned on doing a masters at a slightly better university after I complete this degree.

Any advice is hugely appreciated

Have you checked your degree regulations to see what happens with a resit and its impact on your overall degree classification?
Reply 2
Yes, as far as I am aware I will most likely be capped off at 33% for my maximum grade when I do resit, which worries me intensely, as I was really hoping to get at least a 2:2 by the end of my degree.
Original post by confusedjpeg
Yes, as far as I am aware I will most likely be capped off at 33% for my maximum grade when I do resit, which worries me intensely, as I was really hoping to get at least a 2:2 by the end of my degree.

33? I thought most caps were at the minimum pass mark, ie 40?

Do your regulations include factors such as discarding your worst x credits?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending