The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL psychology

Scroll to see replies

Original post by frequent_flyer
oh and at some point during our talk we were told 'this isn't really an open day... more like an open interview!'
Just in case this freaks you our, they were lying. It wasn't an interview :P

I very nearly had a panic attack at this point :P
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 441
Original post by xbabycakes
Didn't you get the offer as soon as you attended? or did they state that you were going to hear afterwards? x

Got told in the open day that we were all to receive offers but still haven't heard anything through ucas... Oh dear!x
Original post by HannahF8
Got told in the open day that we were all to receive offers but still haven't heard anything through ucas... Oh dear!x

ah :smile: I heard after 3 weeks and a couple of days, so you might be waiting a little longer :P did you enjoy the open day? x
Reply 443
ah :smile: I heard after 3 weeks and a couple of days, so you might be waiting a little longer :P did you enjoy the open day? x

yeah, fingers crossed it's soon! i'm such a worrier. yeah i did, struggling to choose between ucl and exeter though. i did go round ucl last night to see what it was like at night though and it seemed pretty good so i probably will firm it! once i finally get my offer! x
yeah, fingers crossed it's soon! i'm such a worrier. yeah i did, struggling to choose between ucl and exeter though. i did go round ucl last night to see what it was like at night though and it seemed pretty good so i probably will firm it! once i finally get my offer! x

I've visited UCL so many times, and I love it more each time I go! I'd say firm UCL but i'm pretty biased, seeing as I've firmed it myself :biggrin: hope the offer comes through sooon x
Reply 445
I've visited UCL so many times, and I love it more each time I go! I'd say firm UCL but i'm pretty biased, seeing as I've firmed it myself :biggrin: hope the offer comes through sooon x

Thank you, I'll make sure I post it here! x

Hey, I hope you don't mind my asking, but were there any mature students on your open day?

I did post somewhere else, but got zero response. :frown:

Congrats, btw.
Original post by Call me Bob
Hey, I hope you don't mind my asking, but were there any mature students on your open day?

I did post somewhere else, but got zero response. :frown:

Congrats, btw.

Hi :smile: Thanks! Well, I only spoke to a few people on the open day, but there were a few mature students applying for a different course, I think. Though they still were looking around the psych department so I was a little confused as to what they were planning on studying. Apart from that everyone either was in year 13 or on a gap year. Hope this helps.

Good luck with your application x
Hi :smile: Thanks! Well, I only spoke to a few people on the open day, but there were a few mature students applying for a different course, I think. Though they still were looking around the psych department so I was a little confused as to what they were planning on studying. Apart from that everyone either was in year 13 or on a gap year. Hope this helps.

Good luck with your application x

Thanks so much for responding! It does help, yes.
Reply 449
Original post by alice_92
I've got an interview to an open day but its not until 23rd march and I'll be travelling. Do we have to attend an open day to be considered, as it says they make the decision after the open day? Will I get a rejection if I don't attend?

The email explicitly states that (unless you are a registered over seas candidate) failure to attend the open day will result in you not being considered for a place. If you've already booked i guess you should contact ms.imbuzan, the woman who would have sent you the email ... not worth risking!
I very nearly had a panic attack at this point :P

Oh god me too!! BUT LOOK HOW IT TURNED OUT :biggrin:

don't worry, I spent aaaaaages being like 'where is UCL with that offer they promised me' but they're just slow. Well done with the offer!

Original post by Call me Bob

Hey, babycakes is right- there weren't any mature students at our open day as far as I could tell, but UCL told us they're giving out 173 offers this year and there were only 25 people there so I wouldn't think it was a particularly accurate picture.

Quite probably lots of the mature students that get offers are also international, and therefore not required to go to an open day. Or, maybe some people got unconditional offers and had an open day earlier in the year? Oh and also if there were any mature students there I might have assumed they were people's parents. So don't give up!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by frequent_flyer
Oh god me too!! BUT LOOK HOW IT TURNED OUT :biggrin:

don't worry, I spent aaaaaages being like 'where is UCL with that offer they promised me' but they're just slow. Well done with the offer!

Hey, babycakes is right- there weren't any mature students at our open day as far as I could tell, but UCL told us they're giving out 173 offers this year and there were only 25 people there so I wouldn't think it was a particularly accurate picture.

Quite probably lots of the mature students that get offers are also international, and therefore not required to go to an open day. Or, maybe some people got unconditional offers and had an open day earlier in the year? Oh and also if there were any mature students there I might have assumed they were people's parents. So don't give up!

Hi, thanks. My friend (I was asking on behalf of) seemed to enjoy the open day. Thanks again and hope you make your grades.
Reply 452
Just got an offer =D=D I'm really happy=D Hope I'll get the grades they're requiring :tongue:
Original post by BettyJ
Just got an offer =D=D I'm really happy=D Hope I'll get the grades they're requiring :tongue:

Congrats! What was the offer? And when did you go to the open day?
Reply 454
Original post by Noodlzzz
Congrats! What was the offer? And when did you go to the open day?

Thanks!!! I'm an international student, so they didn't ask me to attend any... :tongue: And my offer's a bit different. They only required three of my subjects in the final year to be 6. They didn't say which one, so I guess that leaves me to decide? (Our scale is 1-6)
Original post by BettyJ
Thanks!!! I'm an international student, so they didn't ask me to attend any... :tongue: And my offer's a bit different. They only required three of my subjects in the final year to be 6. They didn't say which one, so I guess that leaves me to decide? (Our scale is 1-6)

Ah ok, well done!
Reply 456
Those who went to the March openday, has anyone received their offer yet? Cus I havnt and I swear they said theyd finish the process by tuesday?
Original post by happy92
Those who went to the March openday, has anyone received their offer yet? Cus I havnt and I swear they said theyd finish the process by tuesday?

They enter it on Tuesday, won't come through for a couple of weeks yet!
Hi all! Mind if I ask anyone of you is an international student doing foundation course?

Mine is unsuccesful and I just wonder if UCL accepts any foundation students and what subjects they take.

I personally do Psychology, Biology and Further Mathematics and I was predicted with all As. And I got 7.5 in IELTS.

Really down now coz UCL was supposed to be my first choice. Right now I gogt conditional offers from Loughborough and Leicester and I'm nervous about Bath.

Cheers!
Reply 459
Original post by Noodlzzz
They enter it on Tuesday, won't come through for a couple of weeks yet!

oh... does that mean the offers are now getting processed by UCAS?

darn... I wanted to get my student finance nd accommodation sorted quickly bt I guess Ill have to wait a few more weeks then :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending