The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL psychology

Scroll to see replies

Original post by frequent_flyer
Maybe they send out the invites in batches, and are waiting for more people to get to this stage? Or it could be that, as has happened to some international applicants, they assume you can't make the open day and will just go ahead and give you an offer. Don't worry! Also, I love that your location is Hogwarts :P

Thanks, I hope so too :^_^:

(And yep, how I wish I was really at Hogwarts :tongue:)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by frequent_flyer
Did you send it in? I think you made the right decision not to change the font size, interpretation is right, they have a page limit for a reason.

They got back to me re open days just under a week after I sent in my questionnaire. Good luck! :smile:

ahhh scary! yes I sent it friday :smile: and I did change the font to size 12, managed to squeeze it in after cutting some bits out. I'm so nervous now, probably waiting for a rejection :frown: have fun at the open day!
Original post by xbabycakes
ahhh scary! yes I sent it friday :smile: and I did change the font to size 12, managed to squeeze it in after cutting some bits out. I'm so nervous now, probably waiting for a rejection :frown: have fun at the open day!

Well done. The open day isn't til January and I think that's the first one, others will be later- so don't worry- you've got ages to hear from them!

The thing about TSR is there are always some people who get replies much faster than others and when you're not one of them it makes you feel a bit edgy. For example I haven't heard from York yet, but ten other people have offers :/
Reply 103
Original post by kwchan1
GRATZ! when did you get yours? and for the last qn, do the one you like best!

I got it a week ago, so i have one week left to do it. Have you got one yet?
Reply 104
got a rejection today, because my predicted didnt meet the requirements, so i guess they'll be giving out questionnaires and rejections around this time :/... I'm not too unhappy because I have an offer for Southampton :biggrin: my first choice after ucl ..
Reply 105
ahh its taking so long to get the results of the questionnaire back :frown: really nerve-wracking!
Reply 106
Original post by Beth_F
I got it a week ago, so i have one week left to do it. Have you got one yet?

haha yes i got one exactly 2 weeks ago, and i just sent it off yesterday night. I guess i've just gotta wait now to hear from them. all the best with yours:smile:
Original post by LadyTee20
got a rejection today, because my predicted didnt meet the requirements, so i guess they'll be giving out questionnaires and rejections around this time :/... I'm not too unhappy because I have an offer for Southampton :biggrin: my first choice after ucl ..

sorry to hear that :frown: what were your grades like? x
Original post by Sadie B
ahh its taking so long to get the results of the questionnaire back :frown: really nerve-wracking!

how long have you been waiting? I sent mine off on the 3rd but only got acknowledged yesterday. Gahh!
Reply 109
I am one week in to having the questionnaire - and i'm still so so stuck on the majority of the questions! is anyone else finding it difficult and/or has any advice on how they went about filling it in? be much appreciated, thankyou thankyou
Reply 110
What sort of studies did people do for the last question? I have one that i read about and love but it is a correlation not an experiment :/ and it specifically says experiment so I have no idea what to do!
I am finding filling in the questionnaire quite difficult. I don't want to repeat too much of my personal statement and I'm having trouble deciding where to put information. There is lots that I want to say but I don't know how to structure it.
I haven't started writing the experiment section yet but I will probably go for something striking and well known as these tend to be the most interesting. I think they are probably looking more at how we write about it rather than what we choose to write about.
Wow: in the last 20 minutes I have finished my answers to the first 4 questions. I just suddenly had a flurry of inspiration. Now to tackle the experiment...
Original post by ButterflyOfFreedom
Wow: in the last 20 minutes I have finished my answers to the first 4 questions. I just suddenly had a flurry of inspiration. Now to tackle the experiment...

ahh good luck. I had the same kinda thing as you. After the hype of receiving the questionnaire I actually left it for 4 days because I didn't feel like writing it! One free study period lots of inspiration came to me, and bam.. done! I struggled to start the experiment bit though, but in the end it felt just like an exam question, nothing much to worry about.

when do you need to send it back by? :smile:
Reply 114
Original post by ButterflyOfFreedom

omg that's cool. i pratically took 1 week to answer the first 4 questions, and a day for the last question.
ahh good luck. I had the same kinda thing as you. After the hype of receiving the questionnaire I actually left it for 4 days because I didn't feel like writing it! One free study period lots of inspiration came to me, and bam.. done! I struggled to start the experiment bit though, but in the end it felt just like an exam question, nothing much to worry about.

when do you need to send it back by? :smile:

Next Tuesday (14th). I'm going to try and finish it today and then wait until tomorrow to send it so I can leave it for a little bit and check I haven't written anything stupid before I send it. I'm not amazed by my answers or anything even close to that but I have written what I really think/feel so I can't really do anything more.
People who have received an invitation to an open day, how long after you got an acknowledgement from sending the questionnaire did you get it?

This wait is more horrible than the wait for the actual questionnaire :frown:
Reply 117
People who have received an invitation to an open day, how long after you got an acknowledgement from sending the questionnaire did you get it?

This wait is more horrible than the wait for the actual questionnaire :frown:

... and i'm still waiting... :frown: what experiment did you write about?
Original post by zszs
... and i'm still waiting... :frown: what experiment did you write about?

I'm going insaneeee! :frown:

I wrote about one we did in class. I thought it was a safe bet because I knew about the design and everything we did in detail, obviously because I'd carried it out myself. It wasn't really on an inspiring topic though, so I would have rather picked another one about something I enjoyed reading.

I thought I'd take the safer option though and write about what I knew about! You? x
Reply 119
I'm going insaneeee! :frown:

I wrote about one we did in class. I thought it was a safe bet because I knew about the design and everything we did in detail, obviously because I'd carried it out myself. It wasn't really on an inspiring topic though, so I would have rather picked another one about something I enjoyed reading.

I thought I'd take the safer option though and write about what I knew about! You? x

Me? haven't got a questionnaire yet :frown: Getting worried. I'll give it a couple more weeks, seeing as i sent my application off about 6 weeks after you guys, who have got questionnaires, sent yours off. We'll see, got Royal Holloway though! What a relief! heard anything from Queen Mary's yet? They're taking their time... :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending