The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Is Nottingham really that dangerous?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by louiscypher
i take it the 4 murders in the past month, 2 stabboings and random attacks have passed you by???

Throw in the fact that it was arguebly pound fpor pound the worst for the riots and you sir have a class A contender for worst post of the year.

Add the fact nottinghams npot that big of a city, its smaller than bristol, sheffield, leeds etc. Its more comparable in size to leicester, newcastle etc.

Mate, you say you've never posted on Skyscraper City but there's a user on there with the same user name as you sprouting the same old bull**** of how crap Nottingham is! A bit of a coincidence wouldn't you say? lol!

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=852044
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by ultimate mashup
Mate, you say you've never posted on Skyscraper City but there's a user on there with the same user name as you sprouting the same old bull**** of how crap Nottingham is! A bit of a coincidence wouldn't you say? lol!

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=852044

could be, but thats not congrete proof that of anything. The guys grammar is better than mine for starters. I could show you two people from bradford who like football. Does that mean theres some weird conspiracy going on.

Plus ive not once slated nottingham on here, just simply stated facts. So if im such a "horrendous" troll or not, surely you should have a easy time debunking my points.
Yeah, I heard it's called 'shottingham'.
Original post by Stressworthy
As I say, it was a personal opinion from what I felt when I visited - and it didn't stop me personally from applying. I'm aware that it's smaller and I didn't deny that there was crime, but my point was that I have felt more unsafe in parts of other big cities. As long as you know where to go and avoid, like any place, I don't see why being a student at Nottingham should be a problem.

Ive visited liverpool, about 4 times,, everytime ive never been started on, and had a brillaint night out.

But no way would i claim that because of my experience, i would start reccomeding students to live in toxteth, croxteth etc as im sure they are no go areas where i would get destroyed.

The point i was making wasnt a direct dig at you, it was to these people that post on newbie threads flat out lieing about a city. Which is playing with lives.

Nottingham, with some luck could be a brillaint student experinece. As much as i appear negative, even i can see that. Its literally catred for a student lifestyle.

But the cold bare facts are that nottingham house prices in the city are the same as middlesborough, so the demand and suppply of people wanting to live in nottingham does not match some of the dubious posts by some of the UNI reps preaching their respected unis.

Rant over mate.
Reply 64
could be, but thats not congrete proof that of anything. The guys grammar is better than mine for starters. I could show you two people from bradford who like football. Does that mean theres some weird conspiracy going on.

Plus ive not once slated nottingham on here, just simply stated facts. So if im such a "horrendous" troll or not, surely you should have a easy time debunking my points.

where have YOU actually lived in Nottingham?
Reply 65
Nottingham is the Best city in the uk, not biased cos i was born there, lol!! Its no different to any other city in the UK today!
Crime is everywhere in Nottingham - just last week I watched this documentary where these rich people kept getting their belongings raided by a hooded fiend. The worst part is the criminals don't even do it for profit - this one just gave the riches to poor people, clearly indicating that criminals in Nottingham are unhinged and erratic. What's more, the authorities never seem to be able to catch him. The police director in charge has so many men at his disposal, yet spends all his time taxing the locals rather than focusing on catching the law-breakers.

It's an outrage I tell you.
Original post by py0alb
where have YOU actually lived in Nottingham?

beeston...
Reply 68
beeston...

So you've only ever lived in little old suburban Beeston, yet you apparently know what its like to live in every area of Nottingham? Have you ever actually been to St Anns or the Meadows?
Reply 69
beeston...

The only thing you ever seem to post about on these forums is how dangerous Nottingham supposedly is. There's crime. And? It's like you're obsessed.
Original post by py0alb
So you've only ever lived in little old suburban Beeston, yet you apparently know what its like to live in every area of Nottingham? Have you ever actually been to St Anns or the Meadows?

know both areas very well, in fact i know nottingham like the back of my hand mate.

Original post by Envy*
The only thing you ever seem to post about on these forums is how dangerous Nottingham supposedly is. There's crime. And? It's like you're obsessed.

not obessed, just giving the truth. A realistic truth. The truth is better than some of the falacies whgihc could potentially ruin someones uni expererience.

Ive even seen people on here say radford are nice places...

btw its now the 5th murder in less than a month. :frown:
Reply 71
btw its now the 5th murder in less than a month. :frown:

[citation needed]
Reply 72
I lived on the borderline of St. Anne's for my first year and I can confirm I am still alive. Seriously, every city has it's issues. It's not like Nottingham is the hot-spot for every thug in the UK. If you aren't an idiot and don't go looking for trouble the chances are you'll be fine. If you decide to walk home alone through a dark alley then maybe you deserve to be mugged...

...okay, that sounds really harsh but it's true. Just don't be an idiot and you'll be absolutely fine. :smile:

I'm from a quiet village, so I'm not used to city-life and even I managed just fine.
Original post by Rish7
I lived on the borderline of St. Anne's for my first year and I can confirm I am still alive. Seriously, every city has it's issues. It's not like Nottingham is the hot-spot for every thug in the UK. If you aren't an idiot and don't go looking for trouble the chances are you'll be fine. If you decide to walk home alone through a dark alley then maybe you deserve to be mugged...

...okay, that sounds really harsh but it's true. Just don't be an idiot and you'll be absolutely fine. :smile:

I'm from a quiet village, so I'm not used to city-life and even I managed just fine.

well this week alone on two sperate incidents two people have been put in critical condition after being attacked....tell that to them, one of them was just walking past ye old trip to jeruselem pub, hardly a dark alley.

Plus cucamaras is one of my fav bars, are you suggesting i cant go up that alleyway???
well this week alone on two sperate incidents two people have been put in critical condition after being attacked....tell that to them, one of them was just walking past ye old trip to jeruselem pub, hardly a dark alley.

Plus cucamaras is one of my fav bars, are you suggesting i cant go up that alleyway???

Do you ever stop to think before posting that your rhetoric might be getting boring and with each repetitive post you make that you're losing any shred of credibility and dignity you may have once had?
It's really not.. try living in North/East London for your whole life.
Then you'll know the meaning of dangerous :smile:
Shottingham
Original post by Computerised
Shottingham

Original...
It's just like any other big city. I actually live near St Anns and I'd say the only parts that are actually dangerous are the massive estates. Just don't be silly and go out into obviously dodgy looking areas at 4am by yourself.

Just one point though - the Arboretum is a lovely and safe green area when it is busy but I've been there when it was pretty empty and someone got mugged at knifepoint. I've heard of muggings there when it is dark as well but I think it is usually locked at night.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending