The Student Room Group

Mature Students (21+) Chat

Scroll to see replies

I always struggle to find things to say during these kinds of things!

Anyway, I'm Ashley, I'm 23 and I'm on my way to the University of Surrey this September to study BA Politics with Policy Studies (4 years) having just completed an Access course in humanities at Sussex Downs College, Lewes.

I went to uni once before, at 18, but dropped out because I wasn't ready for it and the course wasn't right but after 3 years working full time in a supermarket, I decided it was about time I tried again. Will be living in Halls and keep telling myself that the difference between my age and those I'll be living with isn't that big, but I'm worried they'll make me feel a bit old! :rolleyes:
Hi I am Tracey, 38, married with 2 children.

I am due to start Portsmouth Uni on a Therapeutic Radiography degree and would love to know of any other mature students doing this course as very nervous that I will be the oldest and stand out like a sore thumb!!!

Looking forward to September, it's gonna be life changing!! At least I hope it is, that is the whole point after all :biggrin:
Reply 582
Hi My name is Rachel.

I have just finished an Access to Nursing/Midwifery course and felt that i managed ok. Ive had a lot of rejections from universities so far, but finally managed to land an interveiw 19th July at University of Leicester to do HE Diploma Operating Theatre Practice. So Im very nervous and have a lot to organise if I get in. I just hope Il be bale to manage two young children and university, seemed to manage the access course ok.
Hi,

My names Phill and I am 23, I'll be starting a Business and Psychology course in September of this year.
Reply 584
Hello all!
My name Is Ollie, currently 'On Ops' in the Middle East. Taking a redundancy in Aug to allow myself to take an access to HE in art and design then... Hopefully study architecture wherever the hell they'll let me in!
I'm 21 and have GCSE's and AS Levels (none of the grades are worth bragging about) any one with any experience in the path im hoping to take would be dope for any advice!
Thanks all..!
Original post by jontray26
Hi I am Tracey, 38, married with 2 children.

I am due to start Portsmouth Uni on a Therapeutic Radiography degree and would love to know of any other mature students doing this course as very nervous that I will be the oldest and stand out like a sore thumb!!!

Looking forward to September, it's gonna be life changing!! At least I hope it is, that is the whole point after all :biggrin:

Hiya
I'm doing therapeutic radiography at birmingham and also married with two children i am soooo excited x :smile:
Hello everyone

I'm Anne and im 35, eek, and married with teenage pain in ass. Just completed Access course and starting uni in september studying nursing. Nice to see theres a few of us 'oldies' around! lol
Reply 587
Hello! 25 year old (soon to be 26) parent. I've just completed an Access course and I'm due to start Royal Holloway in September to study Management with Marketing. :smile:
Hi, I am a 30 year old guy in the process of trying to change careers after 7 years in the British Army.

I am hoping to gain a place on a PGCE Primary course in 2012. It looks pretty competitive, so any advice and help will be greatfully recieved.

Cheers.
Hi, I'm 21, bored of my full time job so have received an unconditional offer for Bucks Uni to study law. Starting September 2011. Anyone else doing the same? x
hi. i'm going 28 in sept,a centarl banker, planning to apply for msc finance 2012
Reply 591
Hi. I'm 26, and in September I start with the PhD in molecular biology and biotechnology programme from Sheffield University.
Reply 592
Hello, i'm 27 and will be starting an MSc in the Physics and Technology of Nuclear Reactors at the University of Birmingham in Sept.
Reply 593
Hello. I'm 26 and will be starting English & Creative Writing at UWIC in September.
Reply 594
Hi

I am going to University of Greenwich in September to do my PGCE LLS. I became a mature student in 2007 when I started my BA in History at Uni of Essex, and have carried on here to do my MA which will finish the same week I start at Greenwich. Hi to all the mature students on here! Anyone else going to Greenwich this year?

Best

Rosa
Reply 595
Hi I'm 55 and have just completed a degree in Conservation of Historical Objects. So for all those 20 somethings don't be worried at all.......
Hi to everyone :smile:. I'm Jo, 32, and starting my MA in research methods in the University of Nottingham in September, currently trawling through my MSc in Criminology and battling with the dissertation :biggrin:..
Hi, I'm Michelle, 28, just found out I passed my OU course DSE212 (exploring Psycholgy) which UoW wanted me to pass to secure my place at UoW on Bsc Psychology. So now I have emailed off my results I sit waiting for a reply of some variety, of any variety, to let me know I definitely have the place. I can't see any reason why I haven't but I'm worrying none the less.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 598
Original post by Dilly446
Hi I'm 55 and have just completed a degree in Conservation of Historical Objects. So for all those 20 somethings don't be worried at all.......

Any chance of dispensing some pearls of wisdom ? :biggrin:

If you could give one piece of advice to those 20 somethings, what would that be ? :smile:
Reply 599
Hi I'm 27 years old and going to be starting a BA(hons) Early Years education with QTS at Sheffield Hallam! Really really hope that I'm not going to be the only oldie!x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending